Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Average size and height?

I was just wondering what everyone is, like.

Reason being, lately, when I've been out, I've just been noticing how everyone is smaller than me both in height and size.

I mean, I don't regard myself as fat or anything but like, I just seem to be bigger than everyone else. I can't help but compare myself to them. I might just be whingy and whiney I know. Even if I did lose weight, I know for a fact I'd never be able to be a size 8 because of way my hips are :lol: Its the way I'm built.

I'm a size 12 and 5'8".
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    xsazx wrote: »
    Ye know what you mean everyones seems to be thinner and thinner is so depressing :(
    5 ft 6 - size 6/8

:eek2:

So you'd rather be smaller than a 6/8?!

That's fucking tiny!
    Ye know what you mean everyones seems to be thinner and thinner is so depressing :(
    5 ft 6 - size 6/8

how can it be depressing when you're already a 6 or an 8!!

I'm 5 foot 4 and size 12...i dont feel fat when im out really, just normal, one of my best mates is well skinny though, like a size 6, and it does depress me when we're out shopping sometimes cos everything seems to look good on her, but like she says, i can wear things she cant like strappy tops and stuff cos i have the boobs to fill it whereas she doesnt.

haha thats a total ramble. but yeah. i often feel quite small in height when im out, especially around lads. :D
    Yep I've noticed everyone seems shorter than me. I@m 5'6 but generally wear heals out as well. But I seem to look round the dance floor and have to look down on everyone else these days.
    5ft 2 (nearly) and a size 10/12 - I feel that pretty much everyone is bigger than me and the few people that are my height are a hell of a lot thinner than me, making me feel a little bit like a munchkin in comparison.
    5 ft 6 - size 6/8

:confused:

Anything smaller than that would start to look grotesque.
    I always think I'm taller than I really am. I'm actually quite short as anyone who has met me from here will tell you.

As for my body I am 16-18 but mainly an 18 now because I always put on weight while I'm away at uni. I eat more and I don't have canoeing 3 times a week like I do when I'm at home. I'm mostly happy with myself, mostly. I do have times where I get down because of what my body looks like though, everybody does. I reckon I'm more comfortable with myself than a lot of people though.

I've thought about doing "proper serious dieting" or something but I worry that if I lost a lot of weight I wouldn't feel like me anymore. I'm supposed to look like this!

ETA I really don't eat badly, before anyone starts thinking FATTY or WHO ATE ALL THE PIES, I reckon I just eat too much in general, plus I was fat at secondary school and it kind of never shifted. All the women on my dad's side of the family are biiiig ladies though, and my sister is built like me so I'm not too worried.
    I'm usually taller than most girls and worst is when I feel taller than some of the boys I meet. :p

I'm 5'9 / 176 cm tall and a little chubby. :o I love myself though and have begun going to the gym regularly and am feeling loads better although I'm not sure I've lost weight yet, hehe. I'm about size 16 though to be honest, which sounds so uncool.
    I'm 5'4" AND A HALF (the half is important to me) and a size 10-12. Thing is, I honestly don't think it's so much your size that's the issue, as it is what makes you that size. I know a size 10-12 is pretty much average for someone of my height, but my tummy has a little too much excess flub for my liking, so I'm not totally happy with my body. I'd much rather be a toned size 14 at my height than a size 8 with loads of loose chub.
    i'm 5'9 and a size 12 - no matter how much i diet i'm never going to be smaller than a size 12 because my bones are so big - like my sholders and hips are wide - i probably need to loose some weight though but it means practically starving myself as i pretty much eat healthily as it is and i excersise 5 days a week and i really can't face it - err like ever i think i might need my stomach stapled...

However i'm exactly fat either
    I'm 5'3" and have always been an 8-10. Am obviously not a perfect 10 at the minute but I think I can forgive myself that :razz:

When I was out last night I noticed LOADS of tall people. I think there must've been a tall people's convention in the restaurant we were at, quite a lot of them had to be going on 7ft. Was a pretty unusual sight, 'round here especially where I think the average height might be shorter than... average :p
    I'm 5ft 1 and a size 8. I used to be a size 10 but had a lot more body fat, which in turn wasn't very attractive, a kind of 'skinny fat'. Since I've been going for it at the gym, mainly in terms of weights, I've become much leaner and building up muscle, although I doubt my weight has changed, only my dress size really.
    I always think I'm taller than I really am. I'm actually quite short as anyone who has met me from here will tell you.

As for my body I am 16-18 but mainly an 18 now because I always put on weight while I'm away at uni. I eat more and I don't have canoeing 3 times a week like I do when I'm at home. I'm mostly happy with myself, mostly. I do have times where I get down because of what my body looks like though, everybody does. I reckon I'm more comfortable with myself than a lot of people though.

I've thought about doing "proper serious dieting" or something but I worry that if I lost a lot of weight I wouldn't feel like me anymore. I'm supposed to look like this!

ETA I really don't eat badly, before anyone starts thinking FATTY or WHO ATE ALL THE PIES, I reckon I just eat too much in general, plus I was fat at secondary school and it kind of never shifted. All the women on my dad's side of the family are biiiig ladies though, and my sister is built like me so I'm not too worried.

It seems like you're trying to justify yourself, which you don't need to do. You're "short" and a 16/18... so what? You're fit and healthy (canoeing must be bloody hard work!) and that's all that matters! :)

As for me, I'm 5'3" AND A HALF (it's important to me too ;) ) and flutter between a 14 and 16. I'm a 14 at the moment because I'm stressing about moving house!
    im 5ft 6, and pre-pregnancy i was about a size 10 and 9 stone.
    how can it be depressing when you're already a 6 or an 8!!

I'm 5 foot 4 and size 12...i dont feel fat when im out really, just normal, one of my best mates is well skinny though, like a size 6, and it does depress me when we're out shopping sometimes cos everything seems to look good on her, but like she says, i can wear things she cant like strappy tops and stuff cos i have the boobs to fill it whereas she doesnt.

haha thats a total ramble. but yeah. i often feel quite small in height when im out, especially around lads. :D
    I am EXACTLY the same, right down to the size 6 friend :p
    5ft 2 and size 10, weigh about 8 stone..sometimes it annoys me because people go all 'aww arent you cute' like you are about 3 years old
    Rachael wrote: »
    5ft 2 and size 10, weigh about 8 stone..sometimes it annoys me because people go all 'aww arent you cute' like you are about 3 years old

Yeah I get the patronising too... People don't realise how offensive it is sometimes. :yeees:

I'm 5'3" and size 8 (usually); sometimes 10. I'm just under 7 stone.
    Weirdly my hips are wider than my sisters though, and she's a size 10 and 5'8"ish. I'm a bit pear-shaped. :(

I think gernerally clothes look better on size 10/12. I often look hidious in stuff I try cos I'm too thin... The clothes just hang off me; it's not good... So you lucky girlies who aren't size 8; stop telling yourself you don't look as good as your smaller friends... it's complet bollocks!
    5"8 and a 10-12
    I'm about your hight Stacey :thumb: Not sure about size though. Probably your size too. I think we could share clothes. (I hope thats not offensive :p)
    isnt - my stomachs disgustingly fat would be happy at 6 stone i think :(

you're 5ft 6 and want to be 6stone?? That's stupidly thin. I must be a heffer at 5ft 4 and 9 stone then!
    well 5ft 6 and 6 stone would be a BMI of around 14 which theyd probably hospitalise you for.
    well 5ft 6 and 6 stone would be a BMI of around 14 which theyd probably hospitalise you for.

15/14 is when your organs start to fail isn't it?

Im a size 18 too..and ive been that size for a fair number of years..i just presume its my 'natural' weight. I used to pig out when i was younger, but i eat fairly healthily now..i just dont exercise as much i should at the mo..
    and im a short arse at 5"4..
    Im 5"5"/5"6", size 6-8, weigh around 8-8.5, it varies! I wouldn't want to be any smaller =) I think anything below a 6 is unattractive if a person has made themselves that size, if somebody's just lickle though then i'm not judging, dont take me the wrong way =) x
    Having real problems with my weight lately. I’m 5’11 and a half. Last summer I weighed (my ideal weight and size) 67kg 10/12 depending on the shop etc..

but now I’m an 8/10. Haven’t bought anything in that size to freaked to do so.
    I think its due to the thing you cant see nor hear or touch…‘stress’. Really dislike that word. My eating habits have changed slightly due to work job and worrying about what might never happen.
    Some girls do wanna look thin but i think that having curves is better, I would prefer to be a nice healthy size 12 if not weight 10, 10 1/2 stones cos I’m losing or my lovely curves and its driving me insane. :(
    noangel wrote: »
    Having real problems with my weight lately. I’m 5’11 and a half. Last summer I weighed (my ideal weight and size) 67kg 10/12 depending on the shop etc..

but now I’m an 8/10. Haven’t bought anything in that size to freaked to do so.
    I think its due to the thing you cant see nor hear or touch…‘stress’. Really dislike that word. My eating habits have changed slightly due to work job and worrying about what might never happen.
    Some girls do wanna look thin but i think that having curves is better, I would prefer to be a nice healthy size 12 if not weight 10, 10 1/2 stones cos I’m losing or my lovely curves and its driving me insane. :(

Get munching! hehe, im sure you'll be back to your normal when you havent got things on your mind!
    I'm 5'3" and a bit, and these days usually a size 8, depending on the shop. Up until a couple of months ago I was a size 6, and looked a bit like Skeletor's understudy. I'm not much bigger now, but it's made a huge difference.

:thumb:
    I'm 5'6 and in-between a 12/14 depending where I shop.
    I am 5ft 6 and a size 16-18. More of an 18 though.
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    :confused:

Anything smaller than that would start to look grotesque.

Thatis true.

Most people are shorter than Me.
    I'm 5ft 4 and a size 10