Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Average size and height?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    im about 5ft 1 and at the moment im a 10-12

6 weeks ago i was more like 8-10 but ive been eating so much lately ive put on about a stone :blush:

im small, but generally i have a lot of flab around my stomach. people say im slim, but when i sit down it all.. horrible. i reeally need to tone it all up because i hate it!!
  • Options
    I'm 5'7" and size 8. I'm about 8 stone so infact I'm underweight but I'm hoping to put at least stone on. I'd rather be a healthy weight and a size 10-12 than a underweight size 8.
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    it is though :( BMI's 15.4 at the moment which is definately higher than i would like.

:confused:

That is below normal. Maybe you need to visit a GP.
  • Options
    it is though :( BMI's 15.4 at the moment which is definately higher than i would like. Despite my teachers saying how im practically killing myself (only eat bag of crisps for lunch and picking at my evening meal) it doesnt seem true either that or that i'm not bothered if i did end up dead anymore as life's become too hard to take.
    Always had issues with my weight since about 11 when i was first diagnosed with anorexia and think im slipping back into my old frame of mind mainly due to stress (not eating gives me control over something in a life ive got so little control of - same reason why i self harm).
    Though at present i am genuinely fat, hence why im trying to get back down to 6stone as quite frankly im disgusted with myself for letting my weight get so badly out of control. Could be the big focus on size fours as it seems everyone else is so much more successful and being a size 8 is showing complete lack of self control and responsibility. Hmm head's very messed up I know :(
    Please see your GP about this.
  • Options
    Maybe you should see a different doctor he does sound a bit useless.
  • Options
    I've been before about my eating though (i cant eat without feeling sick and dizzy and have started bringing up blood) but when i told him i was told to "stop being silly sweetie eating cant make you feel sick just ignore it" - some help that was when ive got a history of eating disorders on my medical records and he said i was unhealthily underweight when i was weighed for my epipen, 10/10 for observation and assistance :rolleyes: is a loose/loose situation i think :(

go to a different one. If you're bringing up blood then that's serious. You WILL kill yourself if you carry on. 1 in 5 (i think) anorexic sufferers die from it.
  • Options
    I agree with what lea said - you need to see a doctor asap - especilly if your bringing up blood - in the nicest possible way it sounds like you have starved yourself so much your body is going into melt down and you really could end up dieing if you don't get any help soon.

Big Hugs

x
  • Options
    Have to wait ages for an appointment though and mums completely in denial of a problem (same me being depressed as my lifes perfect- i wish!), think its got to the stage i no longer care if i die though so am not looking to actively change unless i find something to live for :'( why does everything have to be so hard :( ta v much though xxxx

i thought you were going to a grammar school and were looking at oxford/cambridge? Predicted straight A's? I can tell you now, even if you do get to 6 stone it won't make you any happier. But i doubt your body will let you. Better to wait for an appointment to never get there tbh.
  • Options
    nor is a life of bullying and abuse making me any happier tbh, ye ill try and go in the half term behind mums back but she thinks im a hyperchondriact etc so not getting anywhere on that front. Is probably the stress of up coming gcses thats adding to it with so much pressure and people relying on me to perform to certain grades etc its all too much effort and i cant take it :crying: sorry shouldnt be hijacking the thread either with my petty moaning

well i've not been anorexic but i've suffered from bullying and i buckled under GCSE pressure in year 10, i had to take 3 weeks off for exhaustion and after that hardly ever went because i was suffering from major anxiety and panic attacks. It took a while for doctors to take me seriously too. They just kept saying ''well you just need to chill out and we can't put you on the list for family child councelling (or whatever it was) because it's full and it's for extreme cases only''. Eventually asked to see a different doctor and he prescribed me beta blockers to ease the attacks and put me on the waiting list to see their anxiety councellor. Just shows what a difference it makes!
  • Options
    yes you can sign for prescriptions yourself. So your school is aware of the bullying and refuse to do anything? What kind of school is it if you don't mind me asking? I know its kind of extreme but you could prosecute them.
    I do know how it feels - i used to get bullied right infront of the teachers in class and they did fuck all. I even used to get picked on by teachers because of my panic attacks and they thought i was attention seeking. Even the headmaster used to pick fun at me infront of the class.
  • Options
    My primary school was terrible - that's where i got bullied. It was such a lovely school, i think it was voultary aided and was by a waterfall and some woods. It had been a school for 150+ years and people were actually taking their kids out of private school to go there. Had results that were as good as private schools. Yet the bullying was terrible, and nothing was ever done about it. My brother was also bullied there because he has aspergers, yet when i stood up for him, his teacher told my parents that i was the one that was bullying him - to cover up the problem! My dad sat me down on a chair and was screaming in my face for it and i was grounded for a month. Then i went to my current school, and started over as no one from my old school went there and i was fine. But i think because i came from the next town which has a reputation for 'hard' people, i got left alone. Have you thought about changing and starting over?
  • Options
    hell this is depressing...

i'm 5'1 and i'm a 12/14 ;( and i weigh 66 kg, don't know what stone that is...
  • Options
    awww that's awful! I'm moving schools again for 6th form but im now at my 4th school thanks to bullying so its getting ludicrous all cause people cant accept different levels of ability - i didnt ask to be clever, i'd do anything not to be and i keep it as hidden as possible yet i still get endless abuse over it, the only school i havent been bullied at was my last school (private) but they didnt know if dad would be made redundant so had to leave in case it messed my gcses up (not that this school could have done a poorer job of that)

You will probably find 6th form so much better. I'm enjoying it so much. Most of the twats leave and alot drop out. The ones who end up staying are usually the decent ones.
  • Options
    I'm a size 12-14 and about 5ft 1". However, it does depend on what clothes I'm wearing - sometimes I can get into a size 10/12 and sometimes I may need a 14/16.
  • Options
    sorry to hear what youre going through saz. Eating disorders can be a bitch to get over, and theres lots of us here who can empathise with that totally.
    Its really not easy, but youre at such a low weight now its incredibly dangerous, which im sure you already know.
    I hope you manage to find some help, or the strength to try and recover, just at least a bit of weight to keep you alive, even if thats a very scary thought for you just now.
  • Options
    I'm a size 12 and 5'8".

oh really? On the pics I always have the impression you would tower over me with at least 5 inches.

I don't know anything about UK sizes, but I am 125 (american) lbs. (do you use the same system?

lol. I just put my size in an internet thingy centimeter - inch converter and was shocked to see I'm just 5'8'', which is rubbish. I used wikipedia for the conversion factors and calculated it by hand.

I am 5'11'' and 125 lbs then.
    which is a bit underweight, but nothing i can do against it.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" and have always been an 8-10. Am obviously not a perfect 10 at the minute but I think I can forgive myself that :razz:

When I was out last night I noticed LOADS of tall people. I think there must've been a tall people's convention in the restaurant we were at, quite a lot of them had to be going on 7ft. Was a pretty unusual sight, 'round here especially where I think the average height might be shorter than... average :p

awww, i always forget that you would fit into my trouser pockets :)

I will repost you an old ms paint i once made for you, hun.
  • Options
    I'm about 5ft 5 and a size 14, although I've got clothes in size 12 and 16. Depends on where I buy my clothes I guess.
  • Options
    I'm 5ft 10 and a size 10/12.
  • Options
    5ft 4ish. Size 16/18. Never going to be skinny, hell I'll be amazed if I ever make an average size 14 again.
  • Options
    5ft 4in and size 14
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

Aww haha :heart: I remember that!

Now it's set as my background :thumb:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

That is just superb :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    5ft 2

i'm a 14 in most places but can get into a 12 in some and need a 16 in others

usually have to get a 16 blouse purely because of my boobies!

people are surpirsed when i tell them my size, i guess i dress well lol
  • Options
    Im 5foot 11 and im normally a 10 or a 12, depends on the shop.

My problem is i have a small bum, wide hips and a skinny frame with 34inch slim legs. Which means i buy longer legnth jeans and the people that make them assume i will have a bug bum and fat thighs to go with my long legs so i end up with a saggy arses saggy legged pair of jeans:impissed: and i'll buy a top to fit my small shoulders and waist, but its too tight to fit over my wide hips so i have to buy a size bigger then it fits in all the wrong places. :impissed: :impissed:
  • Options
    I'm 5'2", 10/12, too - I feel like I'm shorter and fatter than everyone else. And my girlfriend, helpfully, doesn't believe I wear size 10 trousers...
  • Options
    6'0"

Size 12ish.

I have no idea how much I weigh atm. About 11/12 stone. I want to be 10.5 stone again though, like I was before college :(.
  • Options
    5"3
    Size 10-12
  • Options
    I'm 5'7" and have clothes ranging from size 6 to 10 depending on the shop.
  • Options
    I'm 5"6 and about 8 1/2 stone. Never really go by size as i vary depending on where i'm buying clothes from. I've found i'm a 12 in slim fit jeans from Topshop but can be an 8 from New Look. Think with regards to the skinny jeans thing it's because i have hips and an arse :yes: If Jennifer Lopez can get away with it then so can i :D