Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tracksuit tops

Does anyone know of anywhere where I can get one that doesn't cost too much doesn't have a hood (because they are pains when it comes to waering a coat) and doesn't a stupidly huge logo right across the front?

I had a look in town earlier and the only ones I could find were about £49.99 - whihc I'm not going to pay for one. (It was Adidas though)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    Try Zara or H&M, they are always good for plain hoodies.

:thumb:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    New Look have a few in at the mo, I got a snazzy little yellow and white striped one from there. Cheap and cheery is the way forward.
  • Options
    I don't want a hoodie - I only want a zip up tracksuit top without a hood.
  • Options
    oh right, you said that does have a hood. Primark have the hoodless ones.
  • Options
    aahh i see. Still like BM, my previous suggestion still stands.
    Do you have anywhere that sells Bench clothing by you? Bench tops are lurrrvely, and hoodless.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Do you have anywhere that sells Bench clothing by you? Bench tops are lurrrvely, and hoodless.

:yes: I agree. But they normally have 'Bench' on them in big letters which I do not think Sofie will like.
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote: »
    :yes: I agree. But they normally have 'Bench' on them in big letters which I do not think Sofie will like.

tough...she can learn to like it! :lol:
    No just kidding, pop round the high street, but do it soon, before all the summer stuff comes in :)
  • Options
    tough...she can learn to like it! :lol:

:p I think there might be one in Plymouth somehwere but I don't know.

I forgot to also add that I don't ant Chavvy stuff like Fred Perry & Lacoste, either.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    :p I think there might be one in Plymouth somehwere but I don't know.

I forgot to also add that I don't ant Chavvy stuff like Fred Perry & Lacoste, either.

You can join the club on that one! If you are wanting sportswear though (say to wear to gym rather than just popping to town) sports soccer is a good place to get sportswear at cheaper than average prices.
  • Options
    aahh i see. Still like BM, my previous suggestion still stands.

Bench is probably the gayest brand in existence since all their clothes have 'BENCH' plastered on in 6ft letters. Even if it has a surface area less than 2ft, they find a way to get it on there.

Anyway, sports shops usually only have neddy/chavvy ones since that's what the majority of their customer base want. Shops like Cult & Flip have stuff that sound closer to what you're describing.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote: »
    Bench is probably the gayest brand in existence since all their clothes have 'BENCH' plastered on in 6ft letters. Even if it has a surface area less than 2ft, they find a way to get it on there.

Anyway, sports shops usually only have neddy/chavvy ones since that's what the majority of their customer base want. Shops like Cult & Flip have stuff that sound closer to what you're describing.

Its not gay at all. Yeah, they have bench written on them, but on the tracksuit jackets its on the back of the neck and a smaller version on the left chest side. Its no worse than the majority of sport brands.
  • Options

I love Bench, I own two hoodless Bench tops (not tracksuit tops though) and only one has Bench in big letters on it.

Anyway Bench can be quite expensive. I'd go for an Adidas tracksuit as I love Adidas too, I'm sure you can pick one up for quite cheap somewhere if you look hard enough in all the sport shops. Otherwise you're going to have to go for something cheap and chavvy like Reebok or some other shit make.
  • Options
    Its not gay at all. Yeah, they have bench written on them, but on the tracksuit jackets its on the back of the neck and a smaller version on the left chest side. Its no worse than the majority of sport brands.

The last sentence doesn't justify it; noone was trying to say sports brands were good. Pretty much anything with a brand logo on it is lame. Without getting into semantics, when the original poster said she didn't want something with a logo across the front, I doubt she wanted it on the back of the neck either.
  • Options
    The last sentence doesn't justify it; noone was trying to say sports brands were good. Pretty much anything with a brand logo on it is lame. Without getting into semantics, when the original poster said she didn't want something with a logo across the front, I doubt she wanted it on the back of the neck either.

it was one suggestion out of many, as you will see if you read the rest of the thread. It was a suggestion, thats it. But there is no need to start saying things are 'gay', which in my opinion is a bit of a offensive remark in its own right.
    In your opinion, things with logos are lame, but I think the sales stats will highlight the opposite.
  • Options
    it was one suggestion out of many, as you will see if you read the rest of the thread. It was a suggestion, thats it. But there is no need to start saying things are 'gay', which in my opinion is a bit of a offensive remark in its own right.

Yes, god forbid anyone offer any opinion other than complete agreement. You know, like every other thread in the Style & Appearance forum. Like every other thread where people have a slight debate so as to give the original poster a little more to go on than a bunch of suggestions with no arguments for or against them, besides a mild endorsement from the person doing the suggesting.

And please, don't start this "I find gay offensive" malark. It's offensive to noone besides the overly PC/sensitive lot.
    In your opinion, things with logos are lame, but I think the sales stats will highlight the opposite.

That proves what? You've seen the shit the majority of people wear in the UK. Burberry baseball caps and white La'coste trackies do well in the stats; this doesn't make them decent.

EDIT: No offense intended to anyone since it may be different down there, but up here Bench is a chavvy brand; the OP said she didn't want that.
  • Options
    Charity shops. You can get some amazing tent-like trackie tops in there - I should know ;) They also tend to have things for normal-sized human beings.

There, or H&M - I've been buying hoodies/zip-up tops from there for years and they're always just grand for the price.
  • Options

That proves what? You've seen the shit the majority of people wear in the UK. Burberry baseball caps and white La'coste trackies do well in the stats; this doesn't make them decent.

EDIT: No offense intended to anyone since it may be different down there, but up here Bench is a chavvy brand; the OP said she didn't want that.

Agreed with the comment about sales stats and Burberry and La'coste being a load of shite. But yeah down here, Bench certainly isn't chavvy. I wear Bench and I'm certainly not a chav.
  • Options
    My life do none of you know that Keiran is not only the sexyest man alive he is also the person who single handedly decides what's hot and whats not in the fashion stakes.

i think you should all show him a little more respect

xx
  • Options
    You tell them Wyetry.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Charity shops. You can get some amazing tent-like trackie tops in there - I should know ;) They also tend to have things for normal-sized human beings.

Seriously? I never thought of looking there for tracksuit tops.
    I'd go for an Adidas tracksuit as I love Adidas too

I was looking at Adidas stuff today but they're all either hoodies, jumpers or full tracksuits (as in jackets & trousers) which I don't really want. And they can be expensive as well, like I said in my first post.
  • Options
    You tell them Wyetry.

Yarr and he is always right too

x
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Otherwise you're going to have to go for something cheap and chavvy like Reebok or some other shit make.

Since when was Reebok 'chavvy'?
  • Options
    Since when was Reebok 'chavvy'?

Since the beginning of time.
  • Options
    Reebok has always been chavvy!

If you are wearing it for sports purposes it's different though ;)
  • Options
    Sh!t. I wear Reebok trainers for my work placement. I also have a few football shirts (Man City) with the Reebok logo on.
  • Options
    Why are you bothered if things are 'chavvy' or not?! They're only clothes for God's sake. Surely being a scally is an attitude?
  • Options
    I dont think standard Reebok is chavvy, just a shit make.

However all that wannabe rapper/50cent link 'RBK' stuff is chavvy.....and shit.

All the old style adidas tracksuit tops have come back out and you can get the whole range hoodless, from Scotts but they are about £50.

We have a bench outlet store here and you get get a nice hoodless one for about £30. But i don't think there are many outlet stores. Try USC, i got a nice diesel one from there with no hood, in the sale, think it was about £40.
  • Options
    deceelpool wrote: »
    All the old style adidas tracksuit tops have come back out and you can get the whole range hoodless, from Scotts but they are about £50.

I do like them but don't want to pay too much for them.
  • Options
    I do like them but don't want to pay too much for them.

True, especially when they were fashionable about 10 years ago they were probably only £25 !!

Also footlocker !?