New GC - your feedback!
So you'll have noticed by our other thread that we've been looking over the feedback you gave us during our last chat break week. You might remember, as well as our chat guidelines, we also asked you all about the new GC we've been running.
These sessions are currently held on Tuesdays, and up until now have been chats where any of you can sign up to 'host' an activity for a certain time slot. We've had quizzes, themed discussions, and games so far. These are a very recent invention, so we wanted to see how everyone was finding them.
This is what you said...
Part 1 - General enjoyment
20% of you told us you'd hosted a session before, leaving 80% of you that hadn't. We asked you all how much you enjoy the new sessions, and here's what you said:
As you can see, there's a bit of a split opinion. Those of you who have hosted a session seemed to really enjoy it, whereas those who haven't enjoy it a bit less. As a whole, you gave it a 4.4 out of 10. That's not bad, but there's certainly room for improvement there.
Part 2 - Our ideas
As part of the feedback, we also asked you guys what you thought of some of our ideas. Just as a refresher, these ideas were:
1) Hosting in pairs
2) Making these chats a regular 'quiz night'
3) Switching days (given that Tuesdays usually have the most chat sessions being held)
On the whole, you were in favour of ideas 1 & 2, and not a fan of 3.
Part 3 - Some changes
Based on what you said, we've decided to make a couple of changes to how these GCs work.
Tuesday GCs will now be a regular quiz night. This means that now, when you sign-up, you'll be signing up to write and host a quiz round for everyone. We haven't got a set length of the quiz in mind, so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it (or bring you guys more details when/if we decide on them). This change will come into play from the Tuesday after next (24th), to give people a bit of time to sign up, and some time for us to organise ourselves.
You can now host in pairs. There doesn't really seem to be a downside to this - you guys can have a bit more fun hosting a quiz with a friend, and it might make the prospect of hosting a bit less nerve-wracking for those who haven't done it before.
So, I hope this gives a bit of insight in to what we found out through your feedback. Any questions on the changes we made or the feedback we received, just drop us a PM or a comment below. :yes:
Aife & Mike
PS: We'll take another look at these chats a bit later down the line. It's still a developing idea, so we'll always be looking at ways we can improve it.