Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New GC - your feedback!

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

So you'll have noticed by our other thread that we've been looking over the feedback you gave us during our last chat break week. You might remember, as well as our chat guidelines, we also asked you all about the new GC we've been running.

These sessions are currently held on Tuesdays, and up until now have been chats where any of you can sign up to 'host' an activity for a certain time slot. We've had quizzes, themed discussions, and games so far. These are a very recent invention, so we wanted to see how everyone was finding them.

This is what you said...
Part 1 - General enjoyment

20% of you told us you'd hosted a session before, leaving 80% of you that hadn't. We asked you all how much you enjoy the new sessions, and here's what you said:

Pk9BSoY.png

As you can see, there's a bit of a split opinion. Those of you who have hosted a session seemed to really enjoy it, whereas those who haven't enjoy it a bit less. As a whole, you gave it a 4.4 out of 10. That's not bad, but there's certainly room for improvement there.
Part 2 - Our ideas

As part of the feedback, we also asked you guys what you thought of some of our ideas. Just as a refresher, these ideas were:

1) Hosting in pairs
2) Making these chats a regular 'quiz night'
3) Switching days (given that Tuesdays usually have the most chat sessions being held)

On the whole, you were in favour of ideas 1 & 2, and not a fan of 3.
Part 3 - Some changes

Based on what you said, we've decided to make a couple of changes to how these GCs work.

Tuesday GCs will now be a regular quiz night. This means that now, when you sign-up, you'll be signing up to write and host a quiz round for everyone. We haven't got a set length of the quiz in mind, so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it (or bring you guys more details when/if we decide on them). This change will come into play from the Tuesday after next (24th), to give people a bit of time to sign up, and some time for us to organise ourselves. ;)

You can now host in pairs. There doesn't really seem to be a downside to this - you guys can have a bit more fun hosting a quiz with a friend, and it might make the prospect of hosting a bit less nerve-wracking for those who haven't done it before.
So, I hope this gives a bit of insight in to what we found out through your feedback. Any questions on the changes we made or the feedback we received, just drop us a PM or a comment below. :yes:

Aife & Mike

PS: We'll take another look at these chats a bit later down the line. It's still a developing idea, so we'll always be looking at ways we can improve it.
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    All sounds great! Will deffo go when I have a free Tuesday (rare unfortunately)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Ooh where can we sign up?
    defo jolting me and Aidan down for one! should be a good laugh ;):lol:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    LaneBoi wrote: »
    Ooh where can we sign up?

Good question!

So, I've updated the 'get involved' form we were using before now. Feel free to fill it out, guys. :d

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    The Mix wrote: »

Good question!

So, I've updated the 'get involved' form we were using before now. Feel free to fill it out, guys. :d

Mike

Hate to be a pain but I have another questions :lol:
    to do it in pairs do we each sign up or the same day? :D

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    LaneBoi wrote: »

Hate to be a pain but I have another questions :lol:
    to do it in pairs do we each sign up or the same day? :D

Always ask questions!

Another good point - I just added a 'will you be hosting with someone else, and if so, who?' section to the form, so if you just let us know in that section that's all you'll need to do. :)

Cheers Lane,

Mike