Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How would you all respond if...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Skateside
    OK, an explaination to this thread:
    I am still a virgin, I was just curious to see how you'd react, considering I was so big on the "no sex before marriage" thing.

Well, that's something I've chosen to walk away from now. I'm just fundimentally fed up of being the only one who believes in it, and this isn't the first time I've felt like that.
    Just thought I'd get though out.

I'm sorry if I actually offended anyone with this topic, because it does sound like I've annoyed a couple of you :nervous:

:lol:

In one sense I want to laugh at you for thinking that the majority of people would actually care, and for your extremely dated religious views.

And on the other hand I want to punch you for rejecting these views just because other people don't follow them. Shame on you.

:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Why have you given up all of a sudden though? You knew how difficult it was before! What's changed? Have you got yourself a girlfriend now and she's pressuring you? That's the only thing I think it could be to be enough to give up something as big as this.
    Nah, I'm currently single. Besides, I won't let a girl pressure me. She wouuldn't get anywhere if she tried, I know, the last girl who tried didn't.

Nothing's really changed, except I just looked around, and I couldn't name a single person who believed with what I did. It just struck me as really pointless to carry on with it if I was the only one interested. Believing something all on your own isn't much fun :no:

perfect***day
    Truth be told, I really don't feel any different. I don't feel like a fraud, I don't feel guilty.
  • Options
    Nah, I'm currently single. Besides, I won't let a girl pressure me. She wouuldn't get anywhere if she tried, I know, the last girl who tried didn't.

Nothing's really changed, except I just looked around, and I couldn't name a single person who believed with what I did. It just struck me as really pointless to carry on with it if I was the only one interested. Believing something all on your own isn't much fun :no:

Yeah but you're not the only one. There are millions of people worldwide still firmly believing in what you used to (including me) if you just looked.
  • Options
    So Skateside, your saying you only believer in things because others do?
    If your having doubts be it because its your own view.
    I could never imagine thinking like others for the sake of it!
    Do what you want, it doesnt really matter at the end of the day, no one really cares in the outside world if your having sex or not, dont be fooled into anything. Do whatever floats your boat :D
  • Options
    I think some of these responses are pretty funny, and others are quite blunk.

Char_Baby put it best, and did ruffle my feathers a little, but it wasn't undeserved.

OK, an explaination to this thread:
    I am still a virgin, I was just curious to see how you'd react, considering I was so big on the "no sex before marriage" thing.

Well, that's something I've chosen to walk away from now. I'm just fundimentally fed up of being the only one who believes in it, and this isn't the first time I've felt like that.
    Just thought I'd get though out.

I'm sorry if I actually offended anyone with this topic, because it does sound like I've annoyed a couple of you :nervous:

Is it a religious thing? I think people should respect your choice but then if you were telling the truth (Ie you had had sex) people would expect you to be able to explain why you changed your mind.

I didn't have sex until i was almost 26 and then it was with someone I knew I loved and who cared about me. It wasn't because of religion but because I wanted to know I was ready. Personally I don't believe in marriage (For me) or god and so sex and marriage have never been an issue.

Perhaps people object to the 'no sex before marriage brigade' because they do on the whole tend to look down on anyone who does have sex out of wedlock!!??
  • Options
    i wish i was a mod somethimes, id so close this fucking thread :mad:
  • Options
    HunnyPot
    I don't doubt that there are people out there who still believe this, but, from my perspective, millions of people really isn't a large percentage of the world's population. I cn name 2 people on these boards who believe that. Only two. And I couln't name anybody off these boards who believe it.

Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Not really. I just looked around and started to feel like I was only really believing it because others didn't, like I was trying to stand out

byny
    No, it was never a religeous thing, which is why I really don't feel guilty, or in-fact, any different about not believing this anymore.

Char_Baby
    Why? If you're convincing enough, they might close it for you :)
  • Options
    My ex-boyfriend made a huge song-and-dance about how he could never sleep with me because he didn't believe in sex before marriage (and he couldn't marry me because I wasn't Christian enough for him and his Evangelist youth group).

That's fine, good for him. But if I ever got to hear that he'd changed his mind and just slept with someone, I'd have an extremely low opinion of him for being so morally superior and preaching so much and behaving holier-than-thou all the time, and then just going back on it completely.

See my point?
  • Options
    Skateside, dont give up on your beliefs because the majority dont agree with them. If you believe in no sex before marriage then noone should disrespect that, besides it could damage your self respect if you give up one what you believe in because of others. Stick to what you believe and stuff everyone else!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Squizzel
    Skateside, dont give up on your beliefs because the majority dont agree with them. If you believe in no sex before marriage then noone should disrespect that, besides it could damage your self respect if you give up one what you believe in because of others. Stick to what you believe and stuff everyone else!!!!

Lol, it wasn't even important to him anyway. It doesn't matter.
  • Options
    Why wait?

To quote American Pie, "It's just sex, not a space shuttle launch".

:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    :lol:

In one sense I want to laugh at you for thinking that the majority of people would actually care, and for your extremely dated religious views.

And on the other hand I want to punch you for rejecting these views just because other people don't follow them. Shame on you.

:p

why do i find myself agreeing with you so fucking often :eek2:
    so very wrong
  • Options
    im confused did you have sex or not?
  • Options
    he has not had sex, he just wanted to see how people would react/feel important/be an attention seeker etc.
  • Options
    ah right got it
  • Options
    skateside: theres millions of sex acts in the world every day, what makes you think you are so important?
  • Options
    Easy, tiger(s)!

Personally, I'm a bit unimpressed that Skateside's just thrown away his principles because no one else shared them, but still I think he doesn't deserve as much bashing as he's getting...

CharBaby there are millions of sex acts every day of course, but there's still a sex forum here so people can talk about it and get advice and/or reactions - I don't think he was just attention seeking; it was probably quite a big decision for him to make so he wanted to sound off about it....?

Let's just leave the thread alone...........
  • Options
    sometimes you lot are unnecessarily harsh and you know it
  • Options
    yep, but a lot of the time it is deserved.
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    yep, but a lot of the time it is deserved.

I don't want to cause an argument but i feel so angered by this thread that i have to respond. Heck, the guy didn't say anything so nasty as to deserve this amount of sheer vitriol. Why shouldn't he post somethin that he wants to, he was just interested in people's responses.

People write in about much more tedious stuff than this everyday and they don't get this amount of abuse. I thought the point of this site was to provide a forum for people to share opinions and advice, not to abuse someone as soon as they open their mouth. And to the people who are being abusive ( i think you know who you are) - if you don't care so much why keep posting whingeing about it, no-one's forcing you to read it - unless you just want to get your post count up and to hell with common human decency
  • Options
    Originally posted by leeseylicious
    I don't want to cause an argument but i feel so angered by this thread that i have to respond. Heck, the guy didn't say anything so nasty as to deserve this amount of sheer vitriol. Why shouldn't he post somethin that he wants to, he was just interested in people's responses.

People write in about much more tedious stuff than this everyday and they don't get this amount of abuse. I thought the point of this site was to provide a forum for people to share opinions and advice, not to abuse someone as soon as they open their mouth. And to the people who are being abusive ( i think you know who you are) - if you don't care so much why keep posting whingeing about it, no-one's forcing you to read it - unless you just want to get your post count up and to hell with common human decency
    :yes: Hear, hear.
  • Options
    well considering you quoted me i'm assuming that you aimed that at me.
    I think the reason some people got pissed about ss's post is because it seemed -to some- like quite an attention seeking useless thread. He could have said what he was after, like been upfront about it, and i doubt he'd have copped nearly enough abuse.
    What you need to understand is that this is a community and like all communities everything isn't always how you'd like it to be. I mean fuck, there are going to be fights/arguing etc.
    its part of life
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue

What you need to understand is that this is a community and like all communities everything isn't always how you'd like it to be. I mean fuck, there are going to be fights/arguing etc.
    its part of life

don't
    patronise me.

just because its what happens "in life" doesn't make it right, does it?
  • Options
    don't you dare patronise me.

what ya gonna do if she does exactly?
  • Options
    im sorry, i thought you were sick of this thread, yet you're on here posting again causing trouble and missing the point YET AGAIN - talk about sticking to your guns!:lol:
  • Options
    im sorry, i thought you were sick of this thread, yet you're on here posting again causing trouble and missing the point YET AGAIN - talk about sticking to your guns!:lol:

still havent awnsered my question? and ive never said i wasnt gonna post in this thread dumbfuck
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    still havent awnsered my question? and ive never said i wasnt gonna post in this thread dumbfuck

ah, you're so lovely - and i never said that either -cherry blossom!
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    i wish i was a mod somethimes, id so close this fucking thread :mad:

Well you're keeping it open love!!

What am i going to do, well of course im going to take my duelling sword and challenge fugue to a battle for the kingdom and a dubloon of jewels..........................................

In conclusion, Skateside, good on you for sticking to your guns but believe me you've got a lot of fun headed your way when you meet that special someone.

Sorry for all that abuse you seem to have recieved, hope it hasnt put you off posting in this topic!

xx:)
  • Options
    In conclusion, Skateside, good on you for sticking to your guns but believe me you've got a lot of fun headed your way when you meet that special someone.

Sorry for all that abuse you seem to have recieved, hope it hasnt put you off posting in this topic!

xx:)
    That's the first nice thing that's been said on this topic for a while.

If I was a moderator, I think I'd close it too. I don't like people from these boards just bitching at each other, and it's made me feel pretty bad to see that I've made some people go at each other. I hate doing that :(
  • Options
    don't you dare patronise me.

dare? dare? are you fucking serious? How the hell do you think you are. I mean shit, that's pathetic. You sound like you think your some kind of royalty who can't believe i had the audacity to patronise you.:eek2:

do you think you are better than the rest of us, cos let me tell you, you're not.

and then to go on about char answering the fucking thread...some people just need to grow up
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    *Clears throat*

Can we PLEASE stop it. The nastiness in this thread has gone on for too long.

Thanks,
    CB