Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Big-ass furry coats

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It seems that you can offend others by berating their sense of style simply because you don't like it

did this whole argument not start because he wanted to wear something other people dont like?

ahem
    imhalf asleep
    keez babbeh dont get one of those coats your not vin diesel:p

and the rest of ya dont argue with that man you'll never win:(
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo

You're judging my fashion sense on one coat, that I haven't even seen in person, let alone tried on? Yeah, nice one.

Says he who judges both my fashion sense and my sexuality on one shirt :p

That jacket is probably reaaally gonna cost ya btw.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick

and the rest of ya dont argue with that man you'll never win:(

Oh please, must you be such a groupie?

And never admitting you could possibly be wrong is not 'winning' every argument. Ellie seems to have this one pretty much covered.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    in that case, why are you arguing about it? just admit that xxauroraxx has a point instead of calling them gay.

WTF? I never denied she/he ha a point about that in the first place. I just don't like posting a thread asking for info. about a coat, and end up getting hypocritical leactures about how oh-so wrong it is to kill animals for their fur.

As I said, I don't care, and all the moaning and bitching in the world won't change that.
    Originally posted by xxauroraxx
    It seems that you can offend others by berating their sense of style simply because you don't like it.

Yep. I can. And so can you. It's called free-speech, and there's not a fucking thing you, or anyone else can do about it. Well, except the Nazi's. You aren't a Nazi, are you?
    Look in the shops

I can honestly say I've never seen a corset, or any other 'goth-wear' in any places I shop in.
    look at Ebay's top seller list and you will see things like gothic corsets are highly fashionable right now.

Yeah, 'cause look how all the stylish people buy clothes from eBay now :rolleyes:

Watch Gucci, Pradda, D&G run in fear. Look! There they go!

Anyway, who are corsets 'highly fashionable' among? Goths? 'Cause they sure as fuck aren't with anyone I know.
    Just because your idea of gothic is a 15 year old wearing baggy jeans, black top and a scowl doesn't mean it ends there.

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS TO TEH RESCUES!!!!!!!!!11oneeleven1!!'!@"@2'2\!"
    You actually have no clue about gothic fashion.

Yeah, clearly you know everything I know and don't know about it 'cause I just wrote an essay titled 'THIS IS ALL I KNOW ABOUT GOTHIC FASHION', concluded the essay with '...AND THAT IS ALL I KNOW ABOUT GOTHIC FASHION', then stuck it in an envelope marked 'EVERYTHING KIERAN KNOWS ABOUT GOTHIC FASHION IS IN THIS ENVELOPE!', and mailed it to you.
    And if you don't care, you won't reply to this

I've got nothing better to be doing right now. I'm that sad, oh yes.
    You still haven't clarified why pointing out that someone is gay is an insult!

It isn't. I was just waiting for some overly PC person to point it out. Namely you.
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Says he who judges both my fashion sense and my sexuality on one shirt :p

It wasn't just the shirt, it was a whole lot of things :p;)
    That jacket is probably reaaally gonna cost ya btw.

Yep, I know. The one in the film was Gucci, but I'm not wanting one so quite OTT anyway :p
    Originally posted by Smash

And never admitting you could possibly be wrong is not 'winning' every argument.

Continuing to argue my point doesn't mean I'm dismissing the possibility I could be wrong. I know I could be, as could anyone else. I wasn't aware I had to state it before hand though :/
  • Options
  • Options
    It isn't. I was just waiting for some overly PC person to point it out. Namely you.
    I am not PC, but I could very well be gay, and therefore to call someone something they are as a form of insult is stupid.

You Scot. :rolleyes:

Meh, I love gothic fashion, I think gothic women are so sexy and alluring.

It is also quite obvious you know nothing about it as you're saying that it can't be popular just because they don't have it where you shop. And?
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    tbh, continuing on the completely pointless and pedantic theme, there is no such thing as truly free speech.

Thanks for that :yeees:
    I am not PC, but I could very well be gay, and therefore to call someone something they are as a form of insult is stupid.

OMG. It wasn't an insult you dumbass. I was trying to see how far you'd take the 'fur is wrong' PC shit.

Besides, even if you were gay, how the fuck am I meant to know that?
    Meh, I love gothic fashion, I think gothic women are so sexy and alluring.

Aww don't worry - you'll grow outta it someday.
    It is also quite obvious you know nothing about it as you're saying that it can't be popular just because they don't have it where you shop. And?

No, I didn't. I said if it was in fashion, it would be in designer clothes shops. There's a difference.
  • Options

No, I didn't. I said if it was in fashion, it would be in designer clothes shops. There's a difference.
    If fashion ends with Prada, Gucci and D&G then you don't know much about fashion. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    If fashion ends with Prada, Gucci and D&G then you don't know much about fashion. :rolleyes:

Are you fucking stupid? Seriously, do you have some mental condition that renders you blind to the blatently fucking obvious? Do you really think I'm gonna sit here and list every single fashion label?

No? Didn't think so.
  • Options
    Are you fucking stupid? Seriously, do you have some mental condition that renders you blind to the blatently fucking obvious? Do you really think I'm gonna sit here and list every single fashion label?

No? Didn't think so.
    Yes, obviously I am stupid. :rolleyes: Yes, I have a mental problem that makes me blind :rolleyes:

Haha, you make me laugh so. Don't get so angry. Calm down, why are you so mad? You'll do yourself some damage with a temper like that.

Back on topic - yes, I know where you can get a coat like that. Charity shops. Rich old ladies usually leave such foul things to charities when they die.
  • Options
    Back on topic - yes, I know where you can get a coat like that. Charity shops. Rich old ladies usually leave such foul things to charities when they die.

Heh. I like you. Please stay. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    Heh. I like you. Please stay. :D

:blush:
  • Options
    Calm down, why are you so mad?

'Cause you're pissing me off. Stop acting like a 'tard and actually read what I'm saying to you.

OMG HAVE MY BABIES :heart::heart::heart:
  • Options
    This is a fashion forum, for fashion advice. I was giving my advice to you ie, if you go for the whole big-ass furry coat get up you'll more than likely look like a sad pathetic David Beckham clone. Granted I didn't go about it in the most tactful way possible, but I really don't give a shit - so fuck you.

:)
  • Options
    I don't understand why this hasn't been closed by Susie or something.

Anyway, as soon as you start swearing, get personal with harsh and unnecessary comments (using the term "gay" as an insult, calling someone a tard, dumbass), you totally undermine your argument and the other person wins. By the way, wearing fur is wrong. It just is. I think everyone except Kiezo and Cruella De Vil would agree. And I think this coat would look horrid on anyone.
  • Options
    This is a fashion forum, for fashion advice. I was giving my advice to you ie, if you go for the whole big-ass furry coat get up you'll more than likely look like a sad pathetic David Beckham clone. Granted I didn't go about it in the most tactful way possible, but I really don't give a shit - so fuck you.

I didn't say anything when you gave your 'advice'. This started when you started bitching about how awful a human being I am for not being outraged at the thought of wearing real fur:
    Then you really are a more awful human being than I could have imagined from judging you on your fashion sense alone.

I tire of you now - stop wasting my time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot

Anyway, as soon as you start swearing you totally undermine your argument and the other person wins.

Says you. Get with the times - swearing isn't 'taboo' anymore, it's just another way to express yourself.
    using the term "gay" as an insult

Oh not you as well.

I DIDN'T LITERALLY MEAN HOMOSEXUAL, AND I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THEM.
    By the way, wearing fur is wrong. It just is.

For the love of God.

You can't say shit like that when you still eat meat etc. and expect to get taken seriously. And don't give me any of this 'Oh but they use all the animal' bullshit, killing is killing, hypocrite.
    And I think this coat would look horrid on anyone.

No offence, but you aren't exactly known for your striking fashion sense.
  • Options
    For the love of God.

You can't say shit like that when you still eat meat etc. and expect to get taken seriously. And don't give me any of this 'Oh but they use all the animal' bullshit, killing is killing, hypocrite.

I have to say I agree with Keeez on that point. It drives me mad when people go on about how wrong it is to eat animals....then go and wear them! This is just the same. If you feel that strongly about it (which less face it you must do to get into an argument about a coat online) you wouldn't eat/wear any kind of animla products :rolleyes:

And I still think blokes in those coats look cute and huggable! :p
  • Options
    No offence, but you aren't exactly known for your striking fashion sense.

No I'm not but then you nor anyone else online has actually seen what I wear on a day to day basis. And why would I want to be known for what I wear? No thanks. Think I'll stick to my usual casual clothes ;)
  • Options
    Re: Big-ass furry coats
    Anyone know where I can get a coat similar to the one Vin Diesel has in xXx?

Cheeeeeeeeers :thumb:

Muah ha Kieran!

Looky Looky

And before i get my ass dragged in, no, i dont go here often. "Search Engine".... i thank you.

Good luck in yo' search pimp daddy! :p

13140.jpg
  • Options
    Re: Re: Big-ass furry coats
    Originally posted by LadyT
    Muah ha Kieran!

Looky Looky

And before i get my ass dragged in, no, i dont go here often.
    Would it matter if you did? It is fake fur.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Big-ass furry coats
    Originally posted by LadyT

Good luck in yo' search pimp daddy! :p

Cheers, but it wasn't quite as... furry as that :p
  • Options
    This is one of the best threads I've read :D

Kiezo, I don't agree with everything you have said but you put up a fucking good arguement :cool:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Big-ass furry coats
    Would it matter if you did? It is fake fur.

You just knew someone had to comment :yeees: Leave me be. Everyone else let me away with it, meanie :p
    Cheers, but it wasn't quite as... furry as that :p

Yah i know, just thought that one was funneh lookin' tbh...
  • Options
  • Options
    for this arguement to be valid, you'd have to say that you only eat free range meat. no fast food etc. as NO-ONE can say theyve never eatten junk food unless they have been away from the metropolis of cities, towns or even villages, its not valid.

tbh, i wouldnt wear fur, but i'd still wear leather shoes, simply cos i just dont like fur. but he said if there was a choice he'd choose the fake fur, so what the problem? its not like he was running around going 'i kill animals to make me coats!' y'all need ta chill a wee bit
  • Options
    Heh nah I mostly agree with Kiez here, I usually adhere to the ostrich philosophy- if you don't see it, it isn't there. Altho it's not as simple as that, I just really don't care either. I've got a moleskin jacket and I'm waiting on a delivery for my real siberian tiger fur pillowcases.

Now skinning humans, that's wrong. :p

and I'm lying about the pillowcases btw in case it wasn't obvious
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kurt
    and I'm lying about the pillowcases btw in case it wasn't obvious
    bet they'd have been comfy soft