Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Rapists

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kermit

Otherwise we might as well all become Saudi and chop peoples hands off for stealing bread.

Im not saying I agree with it but in Saudi isnt the crime rate a lot lower than here? They know if they do something wrong they are going to be in deep shit and not going to get let off with a 5 year sentence and be released early for good behaviour.
  • Options
    No, the crime rate is not lower in Saudi. And its only the poor who ever get punished like that, never the rich.
  • Options
  • Options
    No, the crime rate is not lower in Saudi. And its only the poor who ever get punished like that, never the rich.

mmmmm I never knew that, thank you :)
    For some reason I thought they just never had such a high crime rate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    i'm very sorry for what happened to you but i disagree. you have opportunities a murder victim will never have, and no matter how horrifically, creating life is not as repugnant a crime as destroying life.

Well we will just have to agree to disagree. Everyone has their own opinion and those opinions are going to change depending on what situation you have been in personally, and where in your life you are now. But im sure you know that.
  • Options
    i'm very sorry for what happened to you but i disagree. you have opportunities a murder victim will never have, and no matter how horrifically, creating life is not as repugnant a crime as destroying life.

I think what she means is she does not wish to be dead now the same as myself, but when something like this happens your whole world just caves in. You feel lots of different emotions, you feel alone and just want to be left in your own little world.
    When it first happens you could quite easily think being dead is the better option because you dont want to deal with whats going on right then. You dont want to even think about it.

Im now over it just like badabing will get over it, she will learn to cope with it, it will never go life will just get easier to bear. You will carry on and everyone will see the happy you, what they dont see is when you do feel a bit down and in reality you hide your pain and let everyone think your ok.

badabing I see where your coming from, I can see your still hurting bad but honestly eventually you will be able to cope and deal with it, although I dont think you will ever begin to forgive him just like myself. I also think my attacker should rot in hell, but he is not going to keep having something over me, I am strong enough now to say "yeah rot in hell you bastard im going to live my life and your not going to ruin it anymore". He is nothing to me, he stuffed my life up for a short time but thats it......no more will he do that :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I also think my attacker should rot in hell, but he is not going to keep having something over me, I am strong enough now to say "yeah rot in hell you bastard im going to live my life and your not going to ruin it anymore". He is nothing to me, he stuffed my life up for a short time but thats it......no more will he do that :)

I dont even think id care as much as i do (obviously i would but you know what I mean), but its the fact that its not just me - its my daughter. I fear for her now more than I used to fear for myself. Before it was just me, but now its her. I know i have a choice as to whether or not she finds out the truth, but it doesnt make the truth any easier - whether she knows or not. I feel for her and everything that she is going to go through as she grows up, but this on top of that - its not in the slightest bit describable.
  • Options
    i
    i didn't think it was possible, but people <i>are</i> able to heal to the extent that i have, and i really hope that it happens for the both of you as well :)

I think it is happening for me, but as i said above, its the fact that its taken my daughters life away as much as mine that hurts. that is going to take much longer for me to heal rather than the act itself. I know what you're talking about though :)
  • Options

i didn't think it was possible, but people <i>are</i> able to heal to the extent that i have, and i really hope that it happens for the both of you as well :)

Im almost there, just a bit to go now :)

But initially I would have preferred to be dead, now though as you said earlier I have a hubby and Daughter, so yeah im glad im alive :)
  • Options
    It's ironic there are smiley faces on a thread about rape...but it's nice to see the positivity from you all. :)

Rape is a horrific thing to go through and for anyone to go through and then claim their life back thus appreciating it more is something that deserves respect and admiration.

Although castration would be a satisfying revenge, I think in a way claiming your life back despite the odds is the best revenge.

(I'm sorry, hope that came out right.)
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    It's ironic there are smiley faces on a thread about rape...but it's nice to see the positivity from you all. :)

Its because there is light at the end of the tunnel, even though at the beginning it seems as though your world has just caved in :)
  • Options
  • Options
    And instead of the men raping women with their penises they sued implements such as glass bottles. Sexual gratification is only one part of the thrill of the act, its mostly about control, power, domination and often about actually "getting even" with women- especially with the serial rapists like Fred West.

Actually Kermit, Chemical Castration has less to do with causing impotence than it does lowering the testosterone levels, and thus the aggressivity factor that compels such males to attack in the first place.

Its about making the perpetrator permanently docile.

I think youll also find, if you read clinical studies on rapists, that sexual gratification rarely factors into the equation that prompts the attack in the first place. Its about control and power not sexual gratification. Statistically most rapists to my knowledge are merely repeating the sort of abuse perpetrated against themselves when they were smaller and more vulnerable, not out seeking pleasure.
  • Options
    but becky, can't you see that that is why murder is worse than rape? there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

It depends how you look at it.
    Im talking about the person attacked here but if I was murdered then it would be all over, id have no feelings, I wouldnt be here.
    When being raped you are still here, you have to carry on and you have to cope. My light at the end of the tunnel is here now because im past the bad bits.
    Does that make sense? Its hard for me to explain exactly what I mean.
    For families obviously murder is worse because they have to live without a loved one, the loved one wont return. The family have to carry on and all through their life they will wondering what "whoever" would be doing now, would they have children etc etc. Also for the family someone could say something and it would all come back to them, so for the families yes obviously murder is worse.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Actually Kermit, Chemical Castration has less to do with causing impotence than it does lowering the testosterone levels, and thus the aggressivity factor that compels such males to attack in the first place. Its about making the perpetrator permanently docile.

Perhaps, but studies I have seen and read indicate that, whilst chemical castration works in some cases, quite often the rapist will attack again as the hormones dont prevent the man "needing" tio perpetrate the act.

I think youll also find, if you read clinical studies on rapists, that sexual gratification rarely factors into the equation that prompts the attack in the first place. Its about control and power not sexual gratification. Statistically most rapists to my knowledge are merely repeating the sort of abuse perpetrated against themselves when they were smaller and more vulnerable, not out seeking pleasure.

That was my point exactly against all those who decided that they knew something, and that "chopping their dicks off" would "cure" them of rape tendencies. Thanks for backing it up:)