Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ear rings

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pre-School Piercing :shocking:

Since the topic of people having very young children pierced has been brought up I thought I might as well throw my 2-pennyworth in as well (for what its worth)

I've always been against parents getting their kids ears done at an early age - always been of the feeling (as with many others on here) that it should be up to the individual to decide. Okay, so piercings CAN be taken out so aren't permanent as tattoos are - but at the same time its still something done to your body so i feel that each person should have the right to decide what happens to his or her own body.

I wasn't allowed my ears pierced till I was 15 which when I was 13 kinda pissed me off :impissed: but looking back on it now (I'm 17) I'm kinda pleased as when I had it done, it was totally my choice & I knew enough about who I was to have it done!
  • Options
    Ive had my ears done a few times but at the mo I've got 3 piercings in my right lobe, and 1 in the left lobe. I've got a ring in the top of my left ear aswell, and last year I had my belly done..the other piercing I've got is a labret (lip) stud which I had done a week ago!! Im not interested in any other piercings though..it would look waaay too OTT!
    I also reckon tattoos usually look really common, but if I found one I liked, I might get it done, but most probably not...
    The first time I had my ears done, I think it was my 10th birthday?
  • Options
    I just got my ears pierced 3 more times. I now have 3 in one ear lobe and 2 in another. It stung like a bitch afterwards though.

I may get a few more, but my mum hates more than just ears pierced once. But they're my ears. I got them first done when I was 12 or 13.

And this thread reminded me I have to put that stuff on my ears. :yes: