Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ear rings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you have your ear/ears pierced?

I have one stud in my ear which i wear now and again.

Comments

• Options
    Nooo way.

I've decided I aint ever getting anything piereced or tatooed. I got a really low pain threshold :p
  • Options
    I've got 2 piercings at the bottoms of my ears, and 1 at the top on my right ear :)
  • Options
    i wear two little silver hoops in each ear (lobe).
  • Options
    I never understood why parents get boys' ear's pierced when they are about 2, but don't let girls until they are teenagers? :confused:

It's like circumsision:lol:
  • Options
    I have them done but I dont wear them.

I had them done when I was 6 months old. :|
  • Options
    I got my ears pierced 3 times at the bottom of each ear and once at the top of my right ear.

Its not very often i wear all 3 set of earrings at once i usually just wear two sets and the one at the top.
  • Options
    OK in most cases. But I would like to know of boys had it done by the parents but would have prefered not to have had it done?

And I should really say that girls don't choose to be circumsised, and that it only happens in sub-Saharan African and some arab countries ( which is pretty much all of Africa)

But I am really changing the topic so I will say no more about it.
  • Options
    3 (lobe) piercings either side, let the third close up, rarely wear earrings in the other 2. Various cartilage stuff, none of which I wear now.
  • Options
    Currently I have 2 holes in each of my lobes

I also have a belly piercing as well

Just started a new job & have one or two debts to pay but after that would like to get 1 of the tops of my ears pierced ...

I have a couple of questions:
    • Which ear?
    • Does the top hurt alot? (my others didn't)

Also (as a little side thought on this thread) I'm really into guys who like piercings &/or tattoos ... quite a few of the one's I know are like "well i don't mind it & it looks lovely on u" but I really want someone who likes them like I do ... anyone out there???
  • Options
    I've got both earlobes pierced twice but I only every wear one set now. I've got the top of my right ear done aswell :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Nooo way.

I've decided I aint ever getting anything piereced or tatooed. I got a really low pain threshold :p

baby!!
    ive got my belly pierced, my ears peirced and a tatoo-and im a 16 year old girl! ffs!!

(jus for all you people i passed for 18 in the tatoo studio ;) )
  • Options
    had my ears pierced twice but let them close up twice. so now i just have kinda tiny lickle bumps in my lobes. nothing else pierced. i'm with bri on the pain thing - nerrrrrr!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    baby!!
    ive got my belly pierced, my ears peirced and a tatoo-and im a 16 year old girl! ffs!!

Yeah, and I bet you look really cheap :p:lol:
  • Options
    ooh buuuuuuuuurn! :eek:
  • Options
    ive just got a stud in each ear but used to have 2 studs in each ear and a piercing at the top of my right ear. its no sorer than getting your lobe done.
    i think babies and young children with ears pierced is criminal. oh i hate it. :( . its up to each individual wether they want peircings done, you shouldnt pierce a child when they have no say. oh i hate it so much!
  • Options
    I have both pierced, one twice the other three times but I don't wear any ear-rings in them. I do have a stud in my nose though.
  • Options
    Both ears pierced twice - only tend to wear earrings in them when I'm going out - I would wear more but I've lost/broken so many it's not worth buying more! I wasn't allowed them done til I was 13 though... I had the first done then, and the second ones when I was 15.

I've also got my belly button pierced, I had it done when I was 14.

Getting a tattoo hopefully at the end of summer... I think a little butterfly or Playboy Bunny :p at the top of my bum (not the bottom of my back, but on my actual arse) will be cool :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams
    I wasn't allowed them done til I was 13 though... I had the first done then, and the second ones when I was 15.

i wasn't allowed my ears pierced until i was 16.

i had my first set of holes done at 16 and the second set at 19.
  • Options
    Originally posted by legal junkie
    i wasn't allowed my ears pierced until i was 16.

i had my first set of holes done at 16 and the second set at 19.

I wouldn't have minded waiting... or not having them done at all tbh.

My friend is 17 and she has no interest whatever for them :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    i think babies and young children with ears pierced is criminal. oh i hate it. :( . its up to each individual wether they want peircings done, you shouldnt pierce a child when they have no say. oh i hate it so much!

I remember talking about this in a thread before where people all disagreed with me... I don't see the point in getting children's ears pierced before they're old enough to decide themself tbh.

I don't have any piercings. My mum wouldn't let me til I was 16, and I'm not fussed any more.

I have one of those semi-permanant tattoos on my shoulder blade though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    I remember talking about this in a thread before where people all disagreed with me... I don't see the point in getting children's ears pierced before they're old enough to decide themself tbh.

I don't have any piercings. My mum wouldn't let me til I was 16, and I'm not fussed any more.

I have one of those semi-permanant tattoos on my shoulder blade though.

The only reason a parent would get a childs ears pierced is for their own benefit not the childs. ts awful and I'm sure it must be a real shock for a child to be taken to a place and have pain in their ears and then possibly suffer from gumked up infection.
  • Options

Nope not everyone disagreed - perhaps the only people you know on the board disgreed, but others of the same view posted.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    Nope not everyone disagreed - perhaps the only people you know on the board disgreed, but others of the same view posted.

I meant the majority - it's just how I talk :p

Toward the end it did seem like I was the only one who held that point of view though.
  • Options
    Toward the end it did seem like I was the only one who held that point of view though.

Ah, I agreed but had probably buggered off at that point.
    But we're right, so who cares. :razz:
  • Options

i agree with you too.
  • Options
    I wasn't allowed mine done till I was 13, either.

Someone asked whether it hurt at the top:...not really, though it does sting a little for a while. If you're putting it off because you're worried about the pain, don't be (only in my opinion).

I wouldn't mind a tattoo..but they're like..permanent :eek2: You can just take earrings out..
  • Options
    I was in a claires accessaries shop a while ago and a women was trying to ger her 3 MONTH OLD daughters ears pierced...the poor wee baby:( she was so scared and they were holding on to her and trying to distract her while the shop person put the gun thing on her ear..i was so mad..i really felt like saying something but really it wasnt any of my business...just walked out so i wouldnt have to watch or hear the baby crying:no:

I got my ears pierced once when i was 13..kept them for a year and since then havnt gort my ears pierced again.. its kind of annoying because the holes didnt close up properly:eek2: stupid ears....

meh..i wanted my lip pierced a while ago but came to the conslusion that if my ears never closed up after taking the earrings out then if i ever decided to take the lip piercing out it wouldnt close up either!:eek2: nu uh no way...
  • Options
    i hate going into claires accessories and hearing people getting their ears pierced...bleah :(
  • Options
    yeah, i wasn't allowed my ears pierced till i was 16, my dad has a real thing against holes in bodies for some reason. i remember buying some magnetic earrings when i was 12 and my dad thought i'd had them pierced and he went mad!!

then when i turned 16 i didn't see the point of getting them done any more. It was only when i was 19 and at uni that i decided on the spur of the moment why not? i've only got the usual 2 lobes pierced and that will do for me thank you!
  • Options
    I have my ears done twice (one done at about 9 and the other when I was 16) I only wear ear rings the the first hole at the mo' though. I have the top of my right ear done aswell.