Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Giving blood

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hm......... I just went to the blood doner site and got asked the questions for if its safe for me to do so, I would give blood, but it seems they don't want me!!:(

Fine then!
  • Options
    What sort of questions do they ask? Im terified of needles but i would also hate the idea of them asking when was the last time u had sex etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra

What other limitations are there on if you can give blood? Like, are there any that aren't on the website?

It doesnt say on the website, but I was turned away for being underweight (& anaemic) - I'm pretty sure if you weight less that 7st 12lbs you can't donate. Or at least they don't like you to anyway. Some places don't check. :yeees:
  • Options
    hmm, it does say every limitation on the website, just have a closer look around.

I did notice it said you should not donate if you've EVER had drugs, even once.
    From the looks of some of the boards a lot of members shouldn't be able to donate
  • Options
    Originally posted by Smash
    I'm pretty sure if you weight less that 7st 12lbs you can't donate.

Well I probably can't then. But I really should, I just looked at that site and looks like they don't have much of my blood type - the rarest :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Klever
    hmm, it does say every limitation on the website, just have a closer look around.

I did notice it said you should not donate if you've EVER had drugs, even once.
    From the looks of some of the boards a lot of members shouldn't be able to donate
    You can't donate if you've ever taken any drugs?!
  • Options
    Um i would bit im shit scared of needles! it all happend when i had to go on a drip because i couldnt eat anything, and the stupid fucking nurse put the needle in my bone!!!!and it killed, so she had to take it out and put it in the other arm, but i wouldnt let her:p i was kikcing and screaming, but then they got more nurses in to hold me down:(
    So its there fault i dont give blood!
  • Options
    Im apparently A +ve.

I gave blood in the autumn and am waiting for them to tell me they want me again. Glad I did it, and as if the busciuts and orange werent enough I got a "Billy Blood Drop" (or something...) bean toy aswell!
  • Options
    I went to give blood but my iron levels were too low - ive to go back in 6 months. oh well ...:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by barbie

You can't donate if you've ever taken any drugs?!

go to the site, theres a link on the first page,
    have a nosey, u'll see all the requirements (please all note, the reason I can't donate isn't because I do drugs, I haven't ever taken drugs)
  • Options
    Re: Giving blood
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    Just out of interest who does give blood regularly and what blood types are you all?.

i cant give blood i hate needles. and i dunno what blood type i am, i really should find out what type i am.
  • Options
    I thought it was only if you had injected drugs ever, or have slept with someone who has in the last year.
  • Options
    they dont want my blood either.
  • Options
    Dont like needles.

Dont know me blood type either.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    they dont want my blood either.

Feels good to know I'm not the only unwanted one here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Klever

Feels good to know I'm not the only unwanted one here.

don't want mine neither.

being on medication is bad, apparently.....

which is a bit of a shame cause i really wouldn't mind them taking my blood.... needles don't bother me at all.