Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

An Israeli approach to war on terror.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Someone mentioned that Israel was established as a Jewish State for the Jews in the aftermath of the Holocaust. Yes, those concentration camps surely were evil. The first concentration camps were not set up by the Germans however, but by the British in South Africa during the Boer War. Tens of thousands of Boer elderly, women and children died in those camps but the Afrikaners later went on to fight for the British in not one, but TWO World Wars. Does that qualify as a Holocaust too? If so, were the Afrikaners entitled to an Afrikaner state?
  • Options
    Heydrich: you're quite disappointed that the apartheid policy fell apart, really, aren't you? You were all for segregation; in the national interest, of course. Pity about that 'ol Mason-Dixon line, too.. I mean, what were they thinking?

The American North is BY FAR more segregated than the American South. In fact, it has ALWAYS been this way. The worst race riots in American history were never in the American South. But I suppose yes that is true. I see no problem with segregation honestly. Obviously the Americans and British Governments find segregation to be so legitimate in Israel that they fund it with billions of dollars, out of my paycheck.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Heydrich
    The American North is BY FAR more segregated than the American South. In fact, it has ALWAYS been this way. The worst race riots in American history were never in the American South. But I suppose yes that is true. I see no problem with segregation honestly.

Explain to me, if you please, why you think that racial segregation is an acceptable policy?
  • Options
    Explain to me, if you please, why you think that racial segregation is an acceptable policy?

Whats good for Israel is good for America and South Africa. That is the way I see it. When I see "Multiculturalism" and when I see an Israel immigration policy that promotes "Diversity" and when I see "Equality" in the "Jewish State" then I will take "integration" seriously in "America" - especially after the debacle in Zimbabwe and Haiti.
  • Options

Whats good for Israel is good for America and South Africa. That is the way I see it. When I see "Multiculturalism" and when I see an Israel immigration policy that promotes "Diversity" and when I see "Equality" in the "Jewish State" then I will take "integration" seriously in "America" - especially after the debacle in Zimbabwe and Haiti.

You do know that there are Muslim and Christian citizens in Israel? And representatives from them to the Knesset?

Edited to make the correction provided by Clandestine. :)
  • Options
    Dont you mean the Knesset?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Dont you mean the Knesset?

Thank you, Clandestine. What I get for not looking it up. ;)
  • Options
    Anytime
  • Options
    America is light years ahead of Europe when it comes to diversity.
    You're not even close pal.

Muslims are segrated in most of Europe. That's the big fear factor. People don't know what's going on in "those" communities.
  • Options
    Not true pnj, actually most muslims choose not to integrate and many do not even bother to learn the language of their host country. That said, there is just about every nationality in the world represented in Brussels and certainly in Paris and London to name a few of the major capitols. The brussels government even has muslim representatives.

Once again, until youve lived here and can speak from experience, please refrain from ignorant blanket statements about Europe.
  • Options
    You do know that there are Muslim and Christian citizens in Israel? And representatives from them to the Knesset?

Those members of the Knesset were expelled not too long ago. Last week Israel locked the Palestinians up in the West Bank Concentration Camp. Within 25 years the Palestinians will outnumber the Jews 2 to 1. Within 50 years it will be 4 to 1. Israel's Arab population is exploding whereas the world Jewish population is in freefall like the European population. Within 25 years, Israel's immediate neighbors will pack on over 65 million people if current fertility rates hold. Iraq will double in size and Iran will add 30 million people. Containment of those nations will be utterly impossible. Imagine all of this taking place in an area with such a fragile environment, where water is so scarce, as the American empire disintegrates, and as Israel is surrounded by tens of millions of bitter Arabs infuriated about the "infidels" occupying their land. This is the REAL motivation behind the so-called War on Terror from Israel's standpoint. Israel intends to take out the Arab states before they swell to such numbers and acquire nuclear weapons and before America becomes a Third World society unable to act as world policeman. Once Iraq, Iran, and Syria are taken down the Final Solution to the Palestinian Question can begin. All those who support the war are going to shortly find out they will have an enormous amount of Palestinian blood on their hands.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,866422,00.html
    Knesset moves to bar Arab members

Israel's impending general election is colouring committee hearings on the expulsion and barring of three 'hostile' parliamentarians

Chris McGreal in Jerusalem
    Monday December 30, 2002
    The Guardian

The knesset has begun proceedings to bar three Arab members and their parties from next month's general election because of their support for the Palestinian resistance to Israeli occupation.
    The hearings by a knesset committee are expected to result in the expulsion of Israel's leading Arab politician, Azmi Bishara, and two colleagues. Their parties are likely to be banned, stripping Israel's one million Arabs of their principal voices in parliament.

Mr Bishara has already been stripped of his parliamentary immunity and put on trial for alleged crimes against the state. If he is now banned from the knesset, he and his colleagues will be the first Arab members to be expelled.

. . . .
  • Options
    It'd be a little more credible if you gave a source that actually showed such action occured instead of a source that says it was planned in December...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    LOL *sigh* some deMOCKrcy. Does "diversity" dilute America's character as a white nation?

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0103/p01s02-wome.html
    An Arab Israeli pushes Israel's free-speech limit

By Ben Lynfield | Special to The Christian Science Monitor

JERUSALEM – At first Israeli Arab leader Azmi Bishara, sipping cappuccino and quoting John Stuart Mill, seems more like an ivory tower intellectual than a challenge to the powerful Israeli state.
    But to many right-wing Israelis, Mr. Bishara is a danger to their country. Bishara, a political philosopher and member of parliament (the Knesset), was banned Tuesday from running for reelection upon the recommendation of Attorney General Elyakim Rubinstein, who cited statements Bishara allegedly made in support of armed struggle against Israel.

For some, the banning of Bishara and another Arab Israeli lawmaker has intensified the question hovering over the country since 1948: Can Israel be both a democracy and a Jewish state?

Bishara, the only representative in the last Knesset of his Balad (Homeland) party, which was also banned, is certain the answer is no.

He says of his Jewish critics: "Their problem with me is that I do not agree to live like a guest and accept conditions for being a citizen. I do not derive my citizenship from the Zionist project and the Law of Return," a statute that gives automatic citizenship to Jewish immigrants.

"We are an indigenous people here," he adds, drawing a parallel between American Indians and Arab Israelis. "I do not think they are doing me any favor. I did not choose this relationship. I'm not a Mexican who immigrated to the US.. I'm the Indian, not the Mexican. You gave me citizenship instead of my homeland you took over. It had better be equal citizenship."

In pushing the legal attack against Bishara, Mr. Rubinstein stressed what he termed Bishara's "negating of Israel's character as a Jewish state." The attorney general says that behind closed doors, Bishara and his activists aim for the destruction of Israel and that his espousal of a "state of all its citizens" camouflages plans for eventually deporting Jews and thereby bringing about an Arab majority. . . .
  • Options
    It is true Clandestine. And the Netherlands recently passed laws to keep them out period.

Mohammed Atta hated the segration in Hamburg between Muslims and the rest of Germany. He hated the crummy part of town they lived in. He hated the way they were treated. So he planned, mostly in Germany, and got the financing, in Germany, to murder 3,000 Americans.
  • Options

Thank you.
  • Options
    Once Iraq, Iran, and Syria are taken down the Final Solution to the Palestinian Question can begin. All those who support the war are going to shortly find out they will have an enormous amount of Palestinian blood on their hands.

Deliberate choice of phrase, there?
  • Options
    Of course, it turns out not to be the complete story:

The rest of the story
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    America is light years ahead of Europe when it comes to diversity.
    You're not even close pal.

and at this point I feel it necessary to point out that London has the greatest ethnic diversity of its population in the World...

:p
    Whats good for Israel is good for America and South Africa.

Do you see anyone here defending Israeli actions?

Perhaps you should have a little look through the acrchives of thise site, then you might realise that there are very few here who support anything which the Israelis do.

We might understand why they do it, but that doesn't mean that we condone it.

And the only "billions" that the South African Govt spent on the shanty towns was on armaments to destroy them and to massacre the residents.