Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Finsbury Park mosque raid.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    [B minority of immigrants, Asians and asylum seekers who can be picked on without offending the bulk of the electorate........ [/B]
    sorry toad but reality check.... do you ever go out and drink and dance and eat and fight and shag with "bulk of the electorate?" i have been doing all my life in many areas and still do and you know what... they dont give a shit about this particular problem compared with their every day problems of feeding and clothing a family etc. those who do talk about this topic don't do it in quite the wat you would be suggesting i'm afraid.
    i've always been the first to hold my hands up and say that i am an uneducated man compared to most of you young people on here but... those who have a deep political understanding and insight tend to work in the political arena... and look what happens then! not very in touch with the streets and the houses occupants. reality check over. thanks toad.
  • Options
    Perhaps you dont have the educational qualifications MR, but im sure you could open a few eyes regarding the extent to which those eager to abuse power are resident within the system. Im sure youve seen firsthand how little the establishment cares about the welfare of the general public when they are given carte blanche to exert whatever controls or restrictions they wish without question.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Perhaps you dont have the educational qualifications MR, but im sure you could open a few eyes regarding the extent to which those eager to abuse power are resident within the system.
    clandestine, one thing i do believe i have seen and am well qaulified to say loud and clear; the system will do whatever it has to do. it will create, destroy, lie, cheat, confuse and inflict.
    wether that is your favoured political sytem or place. the prison system. the police. the nhs. the banks. the insurance companies. the music industry. gangster land. the motor trade. the w.r.v.s.
    the world is on fire and most people don't know or will very cleverly avoid the truth. when we celebrated the mileenium oh how pissed and confident i felt...that was another world. most people are clinging to it some fucking how.
    the system, or the powers that be, wherever your standing, will do whatever it deems it has to do and the players on stage are forever changing.
  • Options
    I thought youd be happy to share your view on that matter. Id only add the point that only the headlining actors change, those who hold much of the real systemic power (security services, military infrastructure, intelligence agencies, Whitehall, etc..) remain administration after administration and will (as you say) do whatever it will take to ensure that they retain or expand their power and influence.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    I thought youd be happy to share your view on that matter. Id only add the point that only the headlining actors change, those who hold much of the real systemic power (security services, military infrastructure, intelligence agencies, Whitehall, etc..) remain administration after administration and will (as you say) do whatever it will take to ensure that they retain or expand their power and influence.
    the crowd scenes are always played by cash in the hand fodder.
    we're fucked then?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg

I think the anti-terrorist bill does represent a decrease in the civil liberties of British citizens.

The govt can now legally lock you up indefinately without trial if you are suspected of terrorism, this is quite a significant cjange in our legal system don't you think?

Who mentioned the anti-terrorist bill? This thread has so far been about a police raid on a mosque, something that would have been completely valid years ago.

I very much disagree with the erosion of our liberties in the vain attempt to fight terrorism but this particular issue has nothing to do with that.
  • Options
    I must say I can't see what the problem is so long as the police have acted with reason- and I think it's safe to say they did.

There is no much more of an issue to search a mosque than other places. If those men are really criminals who were using the mosque as their centre of operations, then I'm sure every Muslim will be glad that the mosque has been cleared of unholy individuals committing unholy actions in what is a sacred place to them.
  • Options
    the old bill have raided the homes and churches of protestant and catolic clergy and locked them up for being pervs and/or (in ireland) terrorist offences. they have raided insurance companies.
    they have raided my fucking house! thats what coppers are paid to do. so much liberty in this land, confused with liberalism and political correctness that i could get away with all kinds of things when i lived on the wrong side of the law. fuck me it must be a doddle now! "ooooh, don't lock burgkars up". oooooh, dont lock that poedaphile up, he's famous". not yet but not far off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    You know, during WW2 most of the population had very few civil rights.

So the government didn't treat people failry during WW2?
  • Options
    You're trying to suggest the government wans't being FAIR when it raided the mosque???
    LMFAO.
    Would it have been fair if they turned around just before entering and said "fuck it, this isn't fair, I'm off home". Then 15 days later 150,000 people in London are dead because the people in the Mosque successfully managed to pollute the water supply with a biological agent? Does that sound fair to you?

Instead of letting your heart bleed for scum like this who have to suffer an hour long interrogation in a police station, think about what might happen to the 60 million people living in this country if we suddenly decide that people like that are above the law because they are Muslim and cry out "you're infringing my civil liberties" if a police officer so much as looks at one.
  • Options
    My feeling is if a religious organization becomes extremist and calls for death to citizens...they're just playing on the laws that protect religious freedom and freedom of speech. In this case the government action was long over due. Look at the people who came out of that mosque. The shoe bomber, another the US is holding in relation to the 911 attacks...he was trying to learn how to fly a airliner but wasn't interested in learning how to land it.