Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Washing after

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is precisely the reason why I am an athiast, I live by my own rules, and if you have morals and a conscience you shouldn't go far wrong. Alot of war, famine and general problems in this world are connected to religion, and that is why I don't follow any religion.

Yeah I celebrated christmas, but not from a religious point of view, even though Father Christmas is a German pagan symbol. But because I see it as a time to be with all your family and friends and give and receive presents etc, but certainly anything I do has religious baring. but enough of this, else this post will get sent to the religion forum, if there is one?
  • Options
    I expect you to be fornicating

if you aren't religious then marriage isn't for you. As for this bloke maybe I should have said he should speak to religious expert to explain what's what. The guy's definitely got his priorities the wrong way round. Why fast and keep clean when he's fornicating? He's probably one of the "lads" trying to copy them going to pubs but not drinking "I'll have a coke please" (being in a place where alcohol is being drunk is not allowed) and clubbing - again not a Muslim thing. And having a "girl"-You boring b****** no girlfriend? It's typical youth these days. Whatever.

Islam is very strict in anything which may lead to fornication or adultery but on the other side of the coin, sex within marriage is rewarded and an act of loving charity. "Sex in Islam here"
    http://www.thesite.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29096

As for no religion, alot of people do have problems with a certain religion -- usually the one their parents brought them up with and then assume all religions are the same. It might not be like that if one studied objectively each one. Anyway whatever!
  • Options
    Aisha, I aren't married, and if I were to get married then it would be a non-religious ceremony, both my girlfriend and I have the same views on religion. Marriage is a bond to say that you are committed to each other for the rest of your lives, and religion shouldn't impede this. If my girlfriend and I stay together we might get married or we might not.
  • Options
    Re: I expect you to be fornicating
    Originally posted by Aisha
    if you aren't religious then marriage isn't for you.

Eh? why not?
    Im not religious and im married, We wanted to get married because we love each other and wanted to have children. Nothing to do with religion.
  • Options
    RB

Do you believe in a "God" or you're an atheist? If you are the latter then what difference would it make to marry or not without religion, morally? Since you wouldn't have to stand before God? I hope you got the right end of my question and didn't misunderstand.

What I don't get is this boyf/girlf system of having x number of partners and then finding "Mr/Mrs Right" and marrying. The wedding night can't be that special since you've done everything prior to it many times before?

I might be generalising here but doesn't having many previous relationships, serious or casual also lend to more chance of "stalking" or revenge attacks? There's always chance of one of your ex's chasing up on you and being jealous, hurt, etc and doing something bad? "Kilroy" BBC1 always has some topic on this. It's always most of the time an ex.
  • Options
    Re: RB
    I might be generalising here but doesn't having many previous relationships, serious or casual also lend to more chance of "stalking" or revenge attacks? There's always chance of one of your ex's chasing up on you and being jealous, hurt, etc and doing something bad? "Kilroy" BBC1 always has some topic on this. It's always most of the time an ex.

LOL, this is real life, love. People aren't all psychos. You've got as much chance of a nutter stalking you if s/he's just a friend or someone who has a crush on you. Kilroy, being a TV show, looks for juicy subjects. It's not all typical stuff. *titters*
    What I don't get is this boyf/girlf system of having x number of partners and then finding "Mr/Mrs Right" and marrying. The wedding night can't be that special since you've done everything prior to it many times before?

The fact that you love the person means the experience is different. Just because you've done it x times before doesn't mean it will be the same as it is with a person you've chosen to spend the rest of your life with. Feeling and emotions have an influence on sex.
    Just because you may be saving yourself for marriage doesn't mean sex with that person will be better or more special than someone who has had sex before.
  • Options
    my Wedding night was special even though we were not virgins. we didnt get married just so we could have sex. Ive never had a problem with my husbands ex girlfriends, in fact ive never even met his last ex, who he lived with for 5 years
  • Options
    I remember losing my virginity! I'd rather get it out of the way than lose it on my wedding night, then at least the night will be remembered for the good experiences and not the bad ones. If you aren't allowed to experience other relationships, how do you know whether it's the right one?

I totally respect other peoples beliefs and religions, I just don't like people preaching to me. I believe what is right in my mind and not others minds.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Aimed at me?

Nooooooooo! It was aimed at Aisha!
  • Options
    Cooky

If you don't sleep around you won't be able to compare will you? If it isn't as good as it should be see a doctor or read a guidebook. Surely a brand new car is better than a used one?

Boyf/Girl/Pre marital - this is locked:
    http://www.thesite.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29659

Anyone here using water to wash or still using the medieval way of tissue alone to wipe? If you eat a curry with naan bread simply wiping with tissue won't clean your hands will it? Somebody was actually confused as to why tissue alone isn't enough. I suppose if you've never tried it you just don't know :-)

My first post to site.org: Washing every time you go!
    http://www.thesite.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28789
  • Options
    Re: Cooky
    Surely a brand new car is better than a used one?
    It depends on the make :p
  • Options
    Re: Cooky
    If you don't sleep around you won't be able to compare will you? If it isn't as good as it should be see a doctor or read a guidebook. Surely a brand new car is better than a used one?
    Your car analogy doesn't work very well for your case.
    If you jump straight in to a car you've never driven before and try to drive off straight away, then as you're unfamiliar with the engine, steering, and brakes, you've got a greater chance of crashing and getting hurt. New cars can have all sorts of problems, such as dodgy paintwork, faulty engines & gearboxes, handles and trim that falls off, etc. Gimme a car with a few miles on it, and that I'm familair with. It'll make driving a pleasure. :D
    Not to mention, as a car driver/owner for many years, I now have an extensive toolbox and knowledge of many cars, and how to fix, repair, and maintain them to keep things running smoothly. Experience I would not have gained if I had not got my hands dirty in the first place. Experience I would not have gained from just reading manuals, or taking the car to a mechanic. I now have a greater feeling, and appreciation, of my car, and how it runs. :)

I hope you honestly don't believe that a book, or doctor, will somehow teach you everything you need to know if you have problems. Otherwise you're just going to crash and burn! :eek:

Mr_Wobble ;)