Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Iraq agrees to the unconditional return of UN inspectors

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thats begging the point Sos, we signed a binding and treaty and have demanded inspections of other nation's arsenals and capabilities whilst refusing to honour the treaty ourselves. If we have no bioweapons as we shouldnt according to our agreement to the terms of the BWC then we have nothing to hide and shouldnt be storming out out conferences when we are called to account.

We can't have it both ways, that's called hypocrisy.
  • Options
    The Treaty was to stop hostilities and required certain conditions.
    If Saddam did not like the terms, he should have kept on fighting, its just that simple.

The issue on the table is Iraq. You have waffled all over the globe and throughout time to avoid it. You've taken part in every thread here, but never added to any of them, just poppycock or avoidance.

Point is saddam hussein, will receive a ultimatium from the UN and he best subscribe to it...

Either that or hire you to pour out excuses..
    However your excuses will do him about as much good as they do you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by reverse

Either that or hire you to pour out excuses..
    However your excuses will do him about as much good as they do you.

Perhaps the clandestine person is already in the employ of Sodam Insane? Notice who is refered to by their last name, and who is on first name basis:
    Originally posted by Clandestine

I would agree with that as well as demonstrated as much by Bush and Sharon and the likes of Arafat and Saddam.

Might go far in explaining the clandestine ones role as Insane's apologist... ;)
  • Options
    Yes now it is indeed clearer that you are Thanatos returned to the boards.

Your ridiculous assumptions are merely more of what reverse himself was accusing me of.

Ive yet to see any of your credentials btw.
  • Options

Ive yet to see any of your credentials btw.

Nor has anyone else seen yours...
  • Options
    Oh and in answer to your comment above reverse, nice way to dodge the point i made. Now you see why i care little to address your own.

Fact is, when facts show the hypocrisy of the hawks who are so clamouring for the moral high ground, they scoff at it or ignore it despite the fact that they are guilty of the same issues they wish to attack others over.

This is why i and many others on an increasing level do not subscribe to hawkish perspective and solution since they have thrown nothing but allegations at us for so long they have convinced themselves that allegations ARE fact. Believing something strongly enough doesnt make it a fact. Documented evidence proves a fact and Bush and Co. have not produced it sufficiently for many both in our congress and abroad.

People are even more incredulous when we ourselves display our double standard (i.e. Bio-Weapons maintenance and production) so visibly to the international community like we did in Geneva in July.
  • Options
    Originally posted by reverse
    The Treaty was to stop hostilities and required certain conditions.
    If Saddam did not like the terms, he should have kept on fighting, its just that simple.
    Surely by that time hostilities were already coming to a close because of a political decision not to continue the assault once Kuwait had been liberated. Understandable if SH felt he's gotten the worst of the bargain, especially after it turned out that some of the weapons inspectors were being asked to spy for the US government...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Surely by that time hostilities were already coming to a close because of a political decision not to continue the assault once Kuwait had been liberated. Understandable if SH felt he's gotten the worst of the bargain, especially after it turned out that some of the weapons inspectors were being asked to spy for the US government...

He agreed to very specific terms. The political decision to not continue was contingent on Saddam agreeing to those terms. A cease-fire does not end the state of war, it simply puts a temporary halt to the actions. Seems the temporary halt is about to come to an end.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

He agreed to very specific terms. The political decision to not continue was contingent on Saddam agreeing to those terms. A cease-fire does not end the state of war, it simply puts a temporary halt to the actions. Seems the temporary halt is about to come to an end.

As clear as the issue can be made.
  • Options
    Ive got a question for you Greenhat.

You know what I have at stake in this, and that I have the highest reguard for your opinion. Do you think the U.S. military is prepared for what it will have to do in Bagdad?

Our people will be in a heavily populated urban setting. I know they will be forced to defend themselves against civilians. Ive been watching interviews with "experts".

Do YOU think it will become a situation like past situations? Putting our people at risk?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kathybrn
    You know what I have at stake in this, and that I have the highest reguard for your opinion. Do you think the U.S. military is prepared for what it will have to do in Bagdad?

The US military has always been prepared for the task.

The problem has come when the political sycophants and parasites - such as the clandestine one - get the ear of those in power, and subvert the military with their assinine and perverse delusions.

Vietnam comes to mind, where the clandestines of that era brought about the deaths of tens of thousands of US troops with their wetdream brainfart of "constraint" and "war of attrition".

Familiar with the term "half-stepping"? Defines clandestine, who apparently studied at the Jane Fonda School of Sedition.

and btw ~ I have exactly the same "at stake" in this, remember?
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot. America is at war with Iraq, isn't it? ;)
  • Options
    \the senior leadership of the military is a joke. The vietnam vets are all but gone and you are left with a bunch of bureaucratic incompetents.
    That said,
    The company grade officers and below can take care of any problem the Iraq can pose. The only question is the political will to wield these soldiers accordingly. The mother of all retreats will quickly be resurrected.
  • Options
    greenhat I have question for you

Do you think American militaries defeat of saddam housain will be magnificant or merely brilliant?
  • Options

Fact is, when facts show the hypocrisy of the hawks who are so clamouring for the moral high ground, they scoff at it or ignore it despite the fact that they are guilty of the same issues they wish to attack others over.

The soldiers and Marines are simply "clamouring" to get the job done, as quickly as it can be accomplished. The moral temporizing is the province of parasites like you... the "wordsmiths" too self-possessed in their delusions of grandeur to ever witness the moment for talk has passed them by, and their survival is dependent upon that which comes when words have failed.

You really ARE so far out of the loop that you have zero awareness of what Hussein actually has, aren't you?

Pathetic is what comes to mind. Better you should harry yourself back to the sex and drug forums, and continue your dissertation on butt plugs and vibrators, your apparent area of expertise...
    Its not that difficult reaching the prostate once youve inserted a finger or other object (dildo, vibrator, butt plug) inside his anus. More than that though, even the cervical opening itself is loaded with nerve endings (in both men and women) so before you even insert you can add an enormous amount of stimulation to the mix by stroking or swirling a lubed finger (or for the more adventurous, your tongue) around the opening.

Once you enter the anal cavity simply wiggle and probe your finger upwards. His reaction should be enough to let you know youve hit the right spot....Happy fingering!
  • Options
    US readiness

As for the US Marines they are alway going through Urban training because the leadership is aware that that is the coming warfare enviroment. And case in point they very quickly will be proven right. Infact as we speak Divisions are going through a simulated Iraqi city. The US will be victorious and the world will see that the war was Justified.
  • Options
    Well you are proving yourself to be wonderful at diatribe and groundless statements Sopite but little else. All I read in your words is simply more opinion and dodging of the issues just as I would have expected. Go cozy up to Greenhat, he's the only hawk here who ever put anything more than that into the discussion.
  • Options
    Finger lickin' good?
    Ummm, let's say we yield to your superior knowledge..

Edited because there's no need to repeat such trash..
  • Options
    Oh for god's sake, what has that got to do with anything here?

If you want to comment on Clandestine's comments in the sex forum, do it there. This is about politics, quite frankly this seems to have deteriorated into personal insults and it cheapens the arguments.

If you can't argue the point, don't, but don't think that petty insults will win an argument...
  • Options
    greenhat I have question for you

Do you think American militaries defeat of saddam housain will be magnificant or merely brilliant?

It will be simply done.
  • Options
    Actually, I found it amusing as hell that clandestine totally ignored sopite's comment..

You see, no matter what a person says, clandestine ignores it.. This statement, which is funny as hell, was ignored also..

Point is, when I read sopite's quote, I noticed it..
    When you read, sopite's quote and my requote, you noticed it...

Point is, is what I've been saying, clandestine operates in a mode of self denial, ignoring all he disagrees with...

Sorry to offend you, but you did quickly make my point.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kathybrn
    Ive got a question for you Greenhat.

Our people will be in a heavily populated urban setting. I know they will be forced to defend themselves against civilians. Ive been watching interviews with "experts".

Do YOU think it will become a situation like past situations? Putting our people at risk?

Kathy,

Soldiers and Marines will be injured. Some will die. But the numbers will still favor the US and UK by an extremely large number. An awful lot of people have pointed at Somalia as an example...and it isn't a bad one. Without armor or extensive support, a small force of Rangers and Delta inflicted hundreds, possibly a thousand casualties with the loss of 19 of their own. In Baghdad the troops will have their NVGs, they'll have their body armor, they'll have ammo resupply, they'll have armor support, and they'll have air support. No contest.
  • Options
    The worst will be when saddam uses his chemical/biological arsenal.

The soldiers will have protective gear, so it will be the iraqi people who suffer the most.. But that is part of saddam's plan, holding his own people hostage under threat of death..
  • Options
    It will be simply done.
    A good answer :)

My name is Joe and I'm an uncle to three. Also a fan of Mark Kozelek's band, Red House Painters. Put the Stalin link down to my twisted European sense of humour :cool:
  • Options
    Thanks, Joe. Appreciate the answer.
  • Options
    A good answer :)

My name is Joe and I'm an uncle to three. Also a fan of Mark Kozelek's band, Red House Painters. Put the Stalin link down to my twisted European sense of humour :cool:

Yes it was a good answer, a true one also..

"magnificant or merely brilliant" are for the news media and historians to decide, not the Warriors...

It is kind of a quandry, how does one describe the accomplishments of the tacticians..
  • Options
    Thank you for the info Greenhat and Reverse.

Holding his own people as hostages is exactly what hes doing. If saddam werent such a coward hed have his weapons plants away from populated areas. I know Im stating the obvious, but to some the obvious isnt clear.

They need a better pair of glasses.:crazyeyes
  • Options
    re: "finger lickin' good"...
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Oh for god's sake, what has that got to do with anything here?

If you can't argue the point, don't, but don't think that petty insults will win an argument...

For all of the clanestine one's proclaimed expertise on things political, he demonstrates that he is totally out of the loop when it comes to Sodam Insane's nuclear capability. I am relatively "out of the loop", but I have sufficient contact with those who are in the loop that I am able to listen to both what they say, and more importantly, what they do not say.

But then, perhaps that has something to do with not only what circles one travels in, but ones personal experience. The clanestine one takes pride in his resume as a wordsmith... like reverse, Greenhat, and others, I spent my time in the military, and in front line combat. What I look for is different than simply political advantage during wordgames.

What has my quote to do with anything? Because the clandestine one demonstrates how far out of his element he is concerning Sodam Insane's nuclear capability, I was inviting him to continue in an area in which he HAS a demonstrative expertise...

Not so much a "petty insult", but rather apropos, I should think. Don't you? ;)

btw ~ concerning the authentification of that same nuclear capability? To post sources really would[/i] violate and subvert US national security. Constraints are obvious. Some of us still remember the issue of OPSEC... ;)

Let us simply say that what must be done, must be done quickly. Otherwise, the clandestine one will fulfill his longing to emulate Jane Fonda...
  • Options
    MoK ~ As far as "petty insults"? Remember those comments about military robots and lap dogs? Those in attendance on this discussion were Officers and NCO's - with combat experience - which means we were trained to observe, evaluate, and respond, to fulfill missions with as small a casualty rate as possible, and to do these things under fire. Not the ER doctor with a patient on the table whose life is in the balance, but dozens, or hundreds of men's lives in the balance, including your own, making those judgments WHILE YOUR LIFE IS IN JEOPARDY! Hardly a robot, but one who functions under intense stress, with decisive conviction and resolve.

Non-disclosure on "proof" that Hussein has nuclear capability? Has to do with not only proving that he has ths material, but keeping track of where it is. Critical! Remember tracking bin Laden's cell phone calls, until that was leaked? Think about it...

You are an intelligent man. Think about the probable reasons behind the sudden BIG push. THINK about it...
  • Options
    DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    Enough.
This discussion has been closed.