Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

my gf wants to go clubbin, but i dnt want her to go

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey!
    I just gotta say that i no exactly how u feel! my boyf went out last night and has been out a lot of times without me. I think that i trust him, well i hope i can, its jus the thought of him being really drunk and other girls cracking onto him that worries me. I find that everytime i wanna go out without him he tries to guilt trip me into not going or suddenly appears while im out-n that makes me feel like hes controlling me and that he dont trust me! So when he goes out even though it kills me thinking about he could be doing i let him get on with it. Its hard, i know, but its something that has to be done otherwise not giving your girlf the space she needs will just cause a rift between yaz. Just think-if she does do something while shes out then she aint the one for you. Maybe you should try spending your own time away from her with your freinds. You gotta learn to trust her and love dont come without it.
  • Options
    thanks **Cinderella** i think your one of the only people who has givern me an anser without calling me a contorl freak, i cant see how i can be controlling if i DO let her go, and i DONT make any comments or make her feel bad, but it makes me feel bad the thought of other boys on her, and her being drunk, i dont trust other boys atall. and what worres me more is that shes so nice to people and most boys end up taking it the wrong way.
  • Options
    mate,

No win situation here - you say you trust her, but you dont - dont tell me you do - you WANT to trust her - and dont fob it off going on about not trusting your/her mates - fact is if one of your/her mates can persuade her to cheat on you, its cos she doesnt love or respect you enough. Its that simple.

Now you need to give her the space to prove that, trouble is its like proving you've stopped it raining. How can you ever know if it was gonna rain in the first place...hmm...side traking here but you get the point...

If you dont give her space you WILL lose her. If you do you might keep her, you might not. Its a gamble i know, but life is like that, there are no other options.

What you should do, is get some resemblence of your life back, it sounds like you've both committed a lot, and she seems to be wanting a little of her own life back. Dont push her away for this, take note and do the same. You may find that this makes the time you do spend together more precious..

hope you sort it

ktec
  • Options
    again another one of life's mysteries:

girls complain that you're being controlling if you complain about them going club

but

girls complain that you don't pay enough attention to them if you don't
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kid_With Problems
    thanks **Cinderella** i think your one of the only people who has givern me an anser without calling me a contorl freak, i cant see how i can be controlling if i DO let her go, and i DONT make any comments or make her feel bad, but it makes me feel bad the thought of other boys on her, and her being drunk, i dont trust other boys atall. and what worres me more is that shes so nice to people and most boys end up taking it the wrong way.

Okay. Let's assume that you trust your girlfriend for a minute. Lets assume that you let her go out with this group of mates. Let us further assume that one of these "mates" tries it on with her. Now, if you trust your girlfriend, how is this a problem? She'll tell him to back off because she has a boyfriend. End of story.

Except it's not, because you don't trust her, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem. You need to sort yourself out. If you trust her, then stop worrying about her being out without you. If you don't trust her, then you need to talk to her and discuss why not. What reason has she given you to suggest that she might be unfaithful?

You can't look after your girlfriend 24/7, she's an independant person, not a dog.
  • Options
    Re: my gf wants to go clubbin, but i dnt want her to go
    Originally posted by Kid_With Problems
    my gf wants to go clubbing, but i dont really want her to go...i no she wouldnt cheat on me but im worred about her going, i dont see the point if shes already got a bf. all my mates ask me to go clubbing with them and i turn them down because i love her so much i dont even want to look at other girls.

is this silly? do you think im doing the wrong thing by objecting to it?

You sound exactly like my ex and it was one of the many things that split us up. Don't go down the same path please.:) You say you love her, but yet to love someone you have to trust them, yet it sounds like you don't trust her. She isn't going to pull, just to get drunk, have a laugh and a dance with her mates.

If you're so bothered try going with her, I'm sure she won't mind once or twice and will enjoy having you there to dance with. Once you realise her priorities then you'll relax.

Your eally need to sort out whether you trust her or not and if not why not. you can't have a relationship without trust and your attitude will only be the end of the relationship. Please get your priorities and head straight around this for both your sakes. ;)