Home› General Chat› Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Mix Book...? 📚

lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 455 Listening Ear
I'm not sure how feasible these would actually be but would anyone be interested in the idea of making a book to fundraise for The Mix with contributions from the community?

Could include fun stuff like mental health word searches, colouring in pages, fun quizzes, suggestions for relaxation (music/tv/book recommendations, stress balls and other activities), templates on how to reach out to friends, family etc, recipes, arts/craft ideas?

It could have sections similar to here where there is information spread throughout on different areas such as mental health, work/school/university and people's personal stories and accounts (if they feel comfortable!).

Again I'm not sure about the logistics of how this would actually work but I thought I might as well put the idea out there since there is a merch website.

Comments

• Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 473 Listening Ear
    @lunarcat522, omg this is such an incredible idea! I'd really love to see this happen if possible! I think it might be cool to include short sections that have like self-care prompts for people to write about in response to these, kind of like a journal! <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,900 Master Poster
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 700 Part of The Mix Family
    Sorry we missed this before @lunarcat522 (thanks for the nudge @Dancer!)

What a wonderful idea! And so lovely that you're thinking about how to fundraise for @TheMix - that's so kind of you. <3

Is this something you're still interested in pursuing? If some of you would like to get creative and create something like this, we can definitely explore ways of supporting you with the project. :)

You're all such beautiful people!!
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 455 Listening Ear
    @Gemma Yes I'm definitely still interested in starting this up, not entirely sure how to do it though but if it's possible I'd love to create something with the help from everyone who wants to!
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,110 Community Veteran
    Also I am also in too if anyone wants a hand writing articles or self care advice book wise. Maybe even TheMix could have their own independent online zine with a combination of writing and artwork too. ZInes are quite popular and smallish ish too so may be more accessible for audiences just thinking. A colouring book by The Mix would also be cool as well!.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films