Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Great Mixish Bake Off

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
Seeing as there is The Great British Bake Off, I thought of making a The Mix version. Of course we can do different themes but also a "choose your own." Although we won`t be able to actually taste the dishes, if people could post pictures, that would be great.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    This is a great idea @Dancer I'm sure we have a lot of talented bakers here!
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    I love this idea and can't wait to see the creations of anyone willing to share

I would participate but my baking abilities are yet to be found - let's just say if this was the real Bake Off - i'd be out in week 1 and the tent would probably catch fire 😂
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Wait does crocheting or knitting a cake count? :grey_question::grey_question::smile: . I would have a go baking but knowing me the cake would be burnt to a crisp. I could make some cupcakes then again I want to attempt making an ice cream cake but haven't got the freezer for the size of it haha
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    @Amy22 - I think crocheting or knitting should definitely count - I'd personally love to see whatever you could create if you're up for it.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,807 Master Poster
    Amy22 wrote: »
    Wait does crocheting or knitting a cake count? :grey_question::grey_question::smile: . I would have a go baking but knowing me the cake would be burnt to a crisp. I could make some cupcakes then again I want to attempt making an ice cream cake but haven't got the freezer for the size of it haha

Any form counts whether it`s drawing, knitting, crochet or actually making it. Googling an image doesn`t count though. ;)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Love this idea! I got my old loom bands out the other day mabye ill make something from them hehe
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Wait in one of my crochet granny squares book, I think I actually got a granny square pattern for a birthday cake actually. Its from a 3D granny square patterns book and I really need to have a go at making it !!!
  • Options
    Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 2,178 Boards Champion
    myt36criv4ev.jpg
  • Options
    @Chloe234 These look super pretty and beautiful!. I also love the pattern on them too and also the glitter!!. Wow xxx well done super proud of you :heart: