Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Emotions still

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,985 Community Veteran
Everything is gd now, but why do I still get frightened? And how do u clean/dust/wipe down a psr-s650 keyboard?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 78 Budding Regular
    I'm really glad to hear everything is going well for you right now =)
    It's completely normal to get frightened sometimes, even when things are looking up right now. Would you like to share if anything specific has happened to make you feel frightened?
    As for the keyboard, I think a slightly warm, damp cloth might do the trick <3
  • Options
    @Matthew_04 a traumatic event happened 1 year and it lingers today and every Yr on tht date I h8 everything. Nd idk y?
    Everything else was delt with apart frm tht event. If it was would I not hav a problem today?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Issie_11Issie_11 Moderator Posts: 15 Settling in
    Hey @ellie2000,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling frightened. Is the day this happened on coming up soon? It's really normal for us to feel triggered or angry on anniversaries of traumatic events, as they can bring up a lot of bad memories. Is there anything you can do leading up to the day which might help you prepare? Keep us updated <3
  • Options
    @Issie_11 @Matthew_04 it was the 21st leading up to tht day. I was oo-er n worried. Wat should I do to b at bay 4 next year it feelings come unannounced?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @ellie2000 Im sorry that the lead up was really difficult and as said above it can be really normal to feel triggered by traumatic events. I think next year mabye you could make a little plan in advance of the time like for example having some selfcare strategies in place in advance. Its important to recognise these feeling are valid sending big hugs <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BensonEBensonE Posts: 99 Budding Regular
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    Everything is gd now, but why do I still get frightened? And how do u clean/dust/wipe down a psr-s650 keyboard?

Compressed air is really good at cleaning key boards
  • Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 78 Budding Regular
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Hey @ellie2000 Im sorry that the lead up was really difficult and as said above it can be really normal to feel triggered by traumatic events. I think next year mabye you could make a little plan in advance of the time like for example having some selfcare strategies in place in advance. Its important to recognise these feeling are valid sending big hugs <3

Echoing @ebyrne556 here, having a plan and doing lots of self care can be super helpful. Some people also find that reaching out to a friend can be super helpful as it gives them some support and a bit of a distraction, how do you feel about incorporating this into a plan for next time @ellie2000 ?