Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's your favourite cuisine?

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
Hello all! I hope you've all had a nice weekend :)

Recently, I was exploring restaurants near me, and noticed some new ones pop up. It always amazes me how many different cuisines and types of restaurant/cafe there are available - it's something I'm very grateful to have access to! Recently I had some Turkish food which was fantastic - not had that cuisine for a while, and just as good as I remember B)

What's your favourite cuisine of food? Do you have a clear go-to, or perhaps have a few favourites that you can't pick between? Perhaps you have a favourite for home cooking, and a favourite for when you eat out? I'd be curious to know in the thread below!
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Ooo @Azziman thanks for sharing this thread so much. I think for me and this will be super basic, I do love a good chinese meal (Insert the succulent chinese meal meme here xd). I just find that it is so tasty and the Chinese takeaway I go to always do a lovely chow mein and fried rice. It comes with carrots and its so so fresh too. The chicken blows me away each time and the pancake rolls.

cjd7xoss1k31.png

However I do also love kebab food as well. Near me we got a new open plan market and they do Bao buns and I really want to try them at some point because I heard they taste super nice and good. I do like Greek and mediterrian food such as chicken wraps and hummus. My work place do a lot of varied crusines in the canteen so sometimes I am trying food I woulden't normally try and I end up enjoying it. A favourite of mine would be the yorkshire pudding wrap they do despite it being slightly greasy and meaty haha. But I think for me overall chinese food is always my favourite! <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Oooo good question. I'm an italian cuisine girl (particularly pizza). I would say on the whole I can be quite fussy with food but at the same time I'm open to trying things
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    This is such a cool thread! I'd say that I have a few favourites that I can't choose between! I really like Filipino cuisine (this is probably me being biased since I'm from Philippines, but I have an endless list of food I love, like lumpia, leche flan, adobo, halo halo, longganisa and so on XD)

I also love the pizza and pasta from Italian cuisine, and Chinese cuisine too - I especially love siomai, siopao and chow mein :smile:
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    @Amy22 Chinese is a great one! I'm glad that you have the option to try a variety of cuisines through your canteen, it keeps things interesting :) And great to hear that you have a market nearby, I'm sure there's lots of fresh, great-tasting food there to try!

@sinead276 It's great that you're open to trying new things! Definitely can't go wrong with a good quality pizza though B)

@kaii Haha that makes sense! It's great that you love your cultural cuisine, I'm sure there's so many great dishes on offer that maybe most people don't know of yet :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.