Homeโ€บ General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's your favourite kind of tea?

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
Hello all! Back again with another random discussion thread!

This week, I learned that we'll be celebrating National Tea Drinking Day on 21st April! This became a national event every year from 2016, when the late Queen Elizabeth II turned 90, and this falls on the same day as her birthday :)

So, to that end, what's your favourite kind of tea? Do you go for a classic brew; perhaps you prefer a fruit/herbal variety; or maybe you've got a wacky combination that you swear by? And for those that don't enjoy tea, what's your go-to hot drink?

Keen to hear your thoughts on this incredibly British event below! <3
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    I'm not the biggest fan of tea, but I do drink it every day with breakfast cause that's just what my family always did. What kind of tea is it?... I couldn't tell you xD
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    @Azziman I LOVE TEA SO MUCH...ITS LIKE SO AMAZING XD. I normally drink tea with my breakfast as it self regulates me for the day. I do also drink herbal tea as well and I thank themix for introducing me to it properly as I signed up for the movie night and I got tea in my goodie bag pack and those were the best teas I ever had. I think in work we have got the bird and blend Co brand which is tea but I don't know who it belongs to so I don't want to nick a teabag from someone. I also sometimes drink Morrocan green tea but with sugar because others it's too strong and tastes funny. I have heard though green tea is very healthy and is good for gut health and even mental health. I find it good for my anxiety sometimes.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Not the biggest tea person either but hv heard good things abut boba? Would b interested to hear ur guys thoughts <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    In incredibly un-british fashion - i just don't like tea (i promise i'm british)

I have tried to get behind it several times but I just can't to be honest. Although in general the closest I'm getting to a hot drink is probably a hot chocolate ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @ebyrne556 Not a fan of tea at the moment but it's one of those things I do want to like. The closest for me is iced coffee/hot chocolate depending on the weather. I've never tried boba but there have been so many shops/stalls opening near me. I'm interested in it but the idea of the bubbles kind of scares me even though that's the main selling point ๐Ÿ˜…
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    @ebyrne556 Not a fan of tea at the moment but it's one of those things I do want to like. The closest for me is iced coffee/hot chocolate depending on the weather. I've never tried boba but there have been so many shops/stalls opening near me. I'm interested in it but the idea of the bubbles kind of scares me even though that's the main selling point ๐Ÿ˜…

Literally and the bubbles look cool but idk they scare me as well like what are they doing to ur insides kinda thing lol
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 and @lunarcat522 I have I think at one point in my life have tried bobba tea but the one from costa coffee. It's the bubble frappe which is very nice. I get you with the bubbles as sometimes I get nervous if I am supposed to eat them or not. I think they are edible actually otherwise they probably woulden't put the boba beads in there xd. I'll try and google a pic of the one I had.

bejq4xhljn8b.png

here's the google pic of it, I think I had the lemon one, I haven't tried the blueberry one but I would like to. I think the bobba is made out of a type of jelly and when you eat it, it melts in your mouth!. So pricey tho :scream::scream:.
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Amy22 I have been on a mission to try the different Costa frappes and I saw the mango bubble frappe which honestly caught me off guard but also caught my interest as well because I've only heard of the bubbles being in the context of boba tea, might have to try it at some point when I'm feeling brave!
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 you need to go for it as the mango one I think I had and it was delicious. I don't know if they still do the blueberry frappe anymore personally because I think it was a one limited edition kind of a thing they did. The bubbles are in the tea and if you burst them you can drink them and they taste like mango!. I defo reccomend if you like fruity flavours and tea!.
  • Options
    Cosycore_WitchCosycore_Witch Posts: 10 Settling in
    Now this thread is right up my alley! ๐Ÿคฃ

I've been really enjoying Assam tea lately after starting to make my own bubble teas, I like it with a little brown sugar and milky ๐Ÿ˜‹

I'm also really enjoying the Yorkshire tea called "jam on toast" because its got a nice little sweetness to it so I don't end up having loads of biscuits before bed ๐Ÿ˜†
  • Options
    Anonymous55Anonymous55 Posts: 4 Newbie
    um...does boba count?