Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hello everybody

IluvMinnieIluvMinnie Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
Hi,I'm Evie. I am in secondary school right now. I love to do cheer dance and sing. I have 2 dogs and 2 guinea pigs. My friends say I'm a crystal freak as I kinda have an obsession. I don't see what's wrong,maybe it's the fact I have almost 100? I'm super excited to be here. I have been here less than a month and I already love it. I had two mums but one died in October I joined so I had a space to talk without upsetting my mum,brother or friends. I have already feel so welcome as I have had quite a few comments on a post a made.
Thank so much and I plan on staying for a while!🥰

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    Hi Evie, welcome to the mix! I’m so sorry for your loss <3
  • Options
    ellaella Community Manager Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    edited April 5
    Hey @IluvMinnie , welcome! I am Ella, and I am a Community Engagement officer in The Mix's staff team- I joined about a month ago now :)

This is such a wonderful space to be, and it sounds like you've already found a supportive community here. Huge hugs for everything you've been through – losing a mum is incredibly tough, and it takes a huge amount of strength to find a space to talk and we are so proud of you for reaching out to this community <3

Also, can we talk about your crystals?! A whole 100 – that's super impressive! Is there a particular one you find yourself drawn to the most? It's so cool how crystals can have such calming energy.

It also sounds like you are super talented doing cheer and singing– is there a specific song you love to sing?

We are always here if you need to talk, Evie! Do let me know if you have any questions or need help navigating the discussion boards :star:
  • Options
    Hi Ella, my fav crystal is amethyst. I love to sing songs from six the musical especially don't loose your head sang by Ann Boleyn. It was hard for me to make my first post but when I did it I felt so much better. Thank you
  • Options
    VicK_toriousVicK_torious Posts: 107 The Mix Convert
    Welcome in our little community @IluvMinnie <3
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @IluvMinnie welcome to the mix! I love crystals and have a collection too! My favourite is labradorite. What are your pets called?
  • Options
    Hi @lunarcat522, labradorite is probably about 5th on my list. My dogs are called Minnie and Ernie. My guinea pigs are called Piggy and Benny. :3
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    hey @IluvMinnie welcome!
    what sort of dogs do you have? its so cool that you have 2!
    I've always wanted guinea pigs as well!
  • Options
    Hi @Katie12 I have a lahsa apso and a (very spoilt) cocker spaniel
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    @IluvMinnie - welcome to the mix, it's great to have you here. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of one of your mums, and hopefully you find the spaces here a good outlet to express how you feel. Hope to see you around here more soon

Sending hugs
    Sinead
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @IluvMinnie Hey lovely to meet u, I hope u have a good time here ! It’s super cool that u enjoy crystals and that u have so many pets hahaha jealouss. I have a dog too! Also, sorry to hear about your mum, I’m always here to chat about it ♥️
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @IluvMinnie welcome to the community! It's great you've found positive support here :3 I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum, we are here for you <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the boards @IluvMinnie! I'm sorry for your loss, that's awful news to hear. We're here to support you, and I'm glad to hear that the users here have given you a warm welcome! This is a great space for you to be able to express your emotions and experiences, and to get support from others here - and we're glad to have you on board! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    Welcome to the Mix @IluvMinnie

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you continue to find the Mix a supportive and safe space.

See you around!
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    It's good to officially welcome you to the Mix!

You sound like a lovely person, so I'm sure you'll fit in here. I also hope that you get the support you are looking for, to help you on your journey with grief. The Mix is always here for you <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hi Evie, welcome to our community! It's great to have you on board! My condolences for the loss of one of your mums. The community's here for you at all times, I hope you receive the support that you deserve and that you find comfort in this space <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Hey @lluvMinnie it's great to have you here with us on TheMix. I'm sure you will love it here. I also love crystals and got quite a few in my collection. My favourite crystals to use are snow quartz, amethyst I can't remember if I can got amethyst now but I have got a bracelet version of it I sometimes wear and I also love Citrine too!.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Hi @IluvMinnie welcome to the Mix it is great to have you here! I am glad to hear you have had a warm welcome so far- we are always here if you need support or someone to talk to <3
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hiya Evie. Welcome to the community. Hope you can find some support or peace here if you need! And sorry to hear about your loss :heart:

Poor Ernie, based on your name I assume Minnie is your favourite? (perhaps the spoilt one?) :lol:

Anyways, take care!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the mix we are here for u <3
  • Options
    Thank you all so much. And to @JJLemon18 yes Minnie may be the favourite here!🤣
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    @IluvMinnie oh dear what did Ernie do to deserve this?? XD
    Believe in me - who believes in you