Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Im feeling a bit alone right now

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,304 Wise Owl
edited April 8 in Health & Wellbeing
I have been extremely worried, stressed, and anxious, experiencing a lot of different emotions. I'm worried I won't be able to get to work and earn the income I need for some new things that I have wanted to do. I am not feeling confident about myself as a whole at the moment. I just want to start earning soon and have a better routine. I could really do with support. The whole process of getting into work is stressful, does anyone have any advice on how to manage during it?

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @FordRanger, I can hear how you're feeling really anxious at the moment. I know you're keen to get a job, start earning an income, and get into a better routine - it's clear that that's a big target in your mind from previous discussions!

You've been taking lots of positive steps towards making that a reality, and I'd make sure to remind yourself that you are doing exactly that - taking steps towards making that goal a reality. The process can be tough, and I can understand that being at home without a routine can weigh on your mind, but remember why you're doing all this.

Keep moving forwards, and you'll get the role you're looking for :) We're proud of you for taking the initiative on this, and rooting for you through this!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hi @FordRanger I'm so sorry to hear you struggling at the moment, job searches can be so stressful and draining - you are definitely not alone in that. <3 From my experience, it took reminding myself after a job rejection of all the things I had to offer. Just because they rejected me doesn't mean I'm a bad person or aren't good at certain things etc... It clearly just wasn't the right fit for either of us. In terms of building your confidence, are there certain things you enjoy, or things that others have complimented you on? We are all different, each with so many unique things to offer :3
    Unfortunately sometimes it can be a waiting game, in which case it is important to find things that help you feel relaxed and take your mind off things.
    Keep going, we are here for you <3
  • Options
    Azziman wrote: »
    Hey @FordRanger, I can hear how you're feeling really anxious at the moment. I know you're keen to get a job, start earning an income, and get into a better routine - it's clear that that's a big target in your mind from previous discussions!

You've been taking lots of positive steps towards making that a reality, and I'd make sure to remind yourself that you are doing exactly that - taking steps towards making that goal a reality. The process can be tough, and I can understand that being at home without a routine can weigh on your mind, but remember why you're doing all this.

Keep moving forwards, and you'll get the role you're looking for :) We're proud of you for taking the initiative on this, and rooting for you through this!

@Azziman That's all true, hopefully soon I'll be in a suitable job and everything. I think it's just the waiting and uncertainty that's affecting me the most. It's all so tough at times yh.

Thanks so much
  • Options
    amy02 wrote: »
    Hi @FordRanger I'm so sorry to hear you struggling at the moment, job searches can be so stressful and draining - you are definitely not alone in that. <3 From my experience, it took reminding myself after a job rejection of all the things I had to offer. Just because they rejected me doesn't mean I'm a bad person or aren't good at certain things etc... It clearly just wasn't the right fit for either of us. In terms of building your confidence, are there certain things you enjoy, or things that others have complimented you on? We are all different, each with so many unique things to offer :3
    Unfortunately sometimes it can be a waiting game, in which case it is important to find things that help you feel relaxed and take your mind off things.
    Keep going, we are here for you <3

@amy02 job searching is hard, stressful, draining and it can create other emotions too. Also rejections don't show im a bad person or anything like they don't even know us for starters. I enjoy, cars, driving, games etc. I used to get the odd complaints that I have good knowledge of cars in school and still do now sometimes. The waiting game can be extremely stressful unfortunately, I think that and just the uncertainty is what makes me feel like this. Thanks a lot for your reply.
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    hello @FordRanger

I can relate to how hard it is to find a job and the need to want a routine.

What kind of roles are you searching for?

I know most people know about the regular job boards such as Indeed but also it is worth checking out your local councils job board or third-sector job boards? Even worth just googling "jobs in (your area)" and seeing what comes up. Some companies do not post on job boards due to the price of doing so, so some are on the companies website or advertised through social media. So I do recommend following any companies or businesses you are interested in on social media in case you have not already done so.

I want to reassure you that the job market these days is extremely tough. Especially with the backlog of people who finished education during the lockdown period and are also looking for employment. I know it can be annoying to hear all the time but volunteering can be a brilliant way to get yourself into a routine and gain work experience which can be transferable into a paid role. It also allows you to network with people and if a position comes up for where you volunteer then you have a high chance of getting that job. You also have more references from doing volunteering which is always useful for completing job applications.

Another tip I have is when applying for a job make sure you always read the job description and person specification forms (if they include them). Always use the keywords that is used in the job description and explain and show examples to the employer on how you meet that criteria and how that will help you succeed in the role you are applying for.

Hope this was helpful!
  • Options
    edited April 10
    KBee99 wrote: »
    hello @FordRanger

I can relate to how hard it is to find a job and the need to want a routine.

What kind of roles are you searching for?

I know most people know about the regular job boards such as Indeed but also it is worth checking out your local councils job board or third-sector job boards? Even worth just googling "jobs in (your area)" and seeing what comes up. Some companies do not post on job boards due to the price of doing so, so some are on the companies website or advertised through social media. So I do recommend following any companies or businesses you are interested in on social media in case you have not already done so.

I want to reassure you that the job market these days is extremely tough. Especially with the backlog of people who finished education during the lockdown period and are also looking for employment. I know it can be annoying to hear all the time but volunteering can be a brilliant way to get yourself into a routine and gain work experience which can be transferable into a paid role. It also allows you to network with people and if a position comes up for where you volunteer then you have a high chance of getting that job. You also have more references from doing volunteering which is always useful for completing job applications.

Another tip I have is when applying for a job make sure you always read the job description and person specification forms (if they include them). Always use the keywords that is used in the job description and explain and show examples to the employer on how you meet that criteria and how that will help you succeed in the role you are applying for.

Hope this was helpful!

@KBee99 hi appreciate the rest of the advice but volunteering is not something I want to do right now, I would definitely prefer to just get paid work. Thanks for replying though.