Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's the perfect weather for you?

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
Hello all!

Another week, and back with another question! April is here, the clocks have gone forward, and the days have been slowly getting warmer, longer and sunnier. Some people welcome the warmer weather; others begin patiently waiting until the temperatures come down and the snow comes back!

What's the perfect weather for you? Are you a fan of a snowy winter? Perhaps you prefer the soaring summer temperatures? Or maybe you prefer the spring/autumn, with a mix of all weather conditions? Let us know below!

(And yes, I'm aware how British this discussion topic is! :p )
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,019 Wise Owl
    I like it best when it’s warm enough to sit outside and do things - it makes me feel a lot better, plus it means I can sit in the garden where there’s actually space unlike inside my house. I suppose I like the beginning and the end of summer best, not toooo hot
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,061 Wise Owl
    I gotta say that when its nice and warm outside where you can comfortably sit and do things, but not too hot (kind of like what AnonymousToe has said)

As a ginger, I cannot cope with the weather being too hot - i can only bare sitting in my garden for like 20 minute intervals when its like 27/28 degrees tbh

I'd say my favourites are the beginning of summer and the beginning of autumn (where its warmish but it hasnt become completely rainy yet)
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    sinead276 wrote: »
    As a ginger, I cannot cope with the weather being too hot - i can only bare sitting in my garden for like 20 minute intervals when its like 27/28 degrees tbh

@sinead276 Same!! My head always burns so much!

@Azziman I love autumn as the temperature drops, and any days where it's really windy (bonus points if it's also sunny/warm-ish.
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @sinead276 I always wonder about my cat who has patches of ginger, but also some white bits, must be a really weird feeling when the sun's out!

ycri518r5cf6.png
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,015 Community Veteran
    As someone who experiences too much sensory wise, I prefer weather to be not too cold or not too hot. It has to be just nice because I am not overheating or freezing. Ideally I like nice weather because most of the time I do like to go outdoors because I enjoy being in nature specifically going into my garden and having a nice read or even crochet etc.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    I definitely prefer when it is not too hot too as i also burn a lot! never been able to tan just burn :lol:
    but i do like when it is warm enough to be outside and no rain! My favourite thing to do is sit outside and read my book!
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,061 Wise Owl
    i've gotta agree @Katie12 - i love sitting outside and just reading when the weather is at that right spot
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    I do really like the sunshine! Not too hot where I struggle to sit out in it for too long, but just warm enough to go for a nice walk or read a book.