Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why do I have to adult?

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
1. I won`t be able to get free prescriptions anymore
2. I need to apply for PIP
3. To apply for PIP, I need a national insurance number which I had to apply for
4. I had to do 2 phone calls (and be kept on hold for 15 minutes with one of the calls) and redo the application
5. I need to find a job
6. As of September, I won`t be able to get a discount for the train which means I won`t be able to afford to go to my hospital appointments
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @Dancer just offering some solidarity 100% Becoming an adult can be quite overwhelming and everything is a lot more effort for sure haha. Im a couple years in and i can say it does become a bit easier overtime and once things are sorted out it’s definitely a relief. How are you feeling about your pip application? I know it can be quite a stressful process
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    I definitely agree that becoming an adult is very overwhelming and frightening having to become so independent and do new things you didn't have to before! Phone calls are definitely still scary to me now but like @ebyrne556 said, it does become a little easier when you're more used to it. just takes time <3