Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What place would you most like to visit next?

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
Hello all!

While we spend most of our lives moving between a handful of places (e.g. school/university, home, local shopping centre), it's nice to get a break and explore somewhere completely different!

What place would you most like to visit next? Perhaps it's somewhere nearby; it could be a day-trip somewhere in the UK; or perhaps going further afield to a completely new country!

Maybe it's a trip you're aspiring to; or perhaps, you've already got it booked in! I'd be interested to know in the thread below! :)
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Ohh good idea! Im due to go to see Olivia Rodrigo in the summertime to somewhere down south about 2hrs away so thats probably the next place I’ll be going thats fun!
    Excited to hear what everyone else thinks :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 414 Listening Ear
    @Azziman I've came up with a life mission to do a cat cafe crawl across the UK! I love cats and really enjoy going to cat cafes and have been to a few in Scotland but I know there's loads in England! So I guess places like London and Manchester possibly as there's a few there
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Oooo I love this

I've always contemplated doing a short trip to Edinburgh at some point - I've been to Scotland countless times but never there

And further afield I have always wanted to visit Italy - just the vibes, food and lifestyle seems so appealing
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
    I really want to go to lots of places and when I save up enough I am thinking of doing an around the world tour thing where I visit all of my favourite places. This probably sounds super cheesy but I would love to visit Disneyland Paris, Disney World in America, Universal Orlando and Disney Tokyo Sea as well. Though I really really want to visit Arkham Massachutes which is in the US and most of my fav horror films/novels are based in this area and I want to also do like a states tour thing mostly going to Slab City. The dream would be to stay in Slab City temporarily for a bit as a bit of rest from what's going on in the world. I find Slab City so so interesting as it's one of the very last places in the US which has got complete freedom over what people can do. Apparently it was built on top of unused military grounds that would have been used as a base but never did so it became a free piece of land for those who travel and wander the world. The only thing is though I'd have to be very careful because they got no laws or anything so basically stealing etc can happen there. My favourite youtuber Cornelius Vango lives in Slab City and they are currently travelling some other places in the US right now and they are super cool. I'll put some pics of this cool place down below which are from Google Images because I haven't actually been here yet :sweat_smile:

2hyelnheulte.png

ddboowfgejl2.png

rmg1yfuw34q6.png

After a quick google of Maschettues Arkham I realised it's sadly a fictional city :scream::skull:

mkwdnp1h2cjg.png

Again Miskatonic university isnt a real place but still xd

>jf5km92ahxkx.png

and ooo maybe Gotham too is somewhere I'll visit if only it was real (lol I could visit Grundy Street and meet Ed from my favourite show Gotham omg yes I am going to do this xd)

hfwrxjjvxs5u.png

lmuekeu0v7li.png

Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Hey all - these are some amazing choices! So many different types of trips and reasons to travel - it's what makes exploring and travelling so much fun <3
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    @Azziman I've came up with a life mission to do a cat cafe crawl across the UK! I love cats and really enjoy going to cat cafes and have been to a few in Scotland but I know there's loads in England! So I guess places like London and Manchester possibly as there's a few there

I love this, what an amazing idea!! i have been to one in Liverpool and it was so great!
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    for no reason other than i love pizza, i have always wanted to visit Italy just to say that i have eaten a proper Italian pizza in Italy :lol:
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    Dordogne (France)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    I want to visit Mexico some day because I heard the food is supreme and also New Orleans because of their music jazz culture.
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    @Amy22 me too with New Orleans! I bet the jazz is amazing :3
  • Options
    I would really love to go to go to Iceland at some point whether that be on a cruise or plane trip. I heard Iceland is such a cool place (literally 😂) and the ice geezers are amazing (they shoot out jets of water). Also my fav musician is from Iceland as well!!.
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 37 Boards Initiate
    I really want to visit Greece at some point- it looks like a beautiful country and the food looks amazing too!
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    Amy22 wrote: »
    I would really love to go to go to Iceland at some point whether that be on a cruise or plane trip. I heard Iceland is such a cool place (literally 😂) and the ice geezers are amazing (they shoot out jets of water). Also my fav musician is from Iceland as well!!.

Can`t you just go to the local one? Surely you don`t need to travel several hours just to get chicken breast.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    Amy22 wrote: »

Can`t you just go to the local one? Surely you don`t need to travel several hours just to get chicken breast.

Haha I could but I wanna do an Iceland road trip. Wait I could do an Iceland road trip around the UK and do like a top 10 ten lists of Iceland in the UK 😂 😂. I've actually got a local Iceland near me and like I love their pasta ready meals so so much!!!. I reccomend the chicken Alfredo pasta it's very tasty.