Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Opening up

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,984 Community Veteran
Can a Councillor push u, if u handed her a bit of paper with thoughts n certain life events?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    ellaella Community Manager Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    @ellie2000 well done for reaching out to the community <3

are you able to give more details on what you mean by "push" in this context? i am also interested in how this made you feel if you're talking about your experience :)
  • Options
    @ella in the past ppl sed 'tell us wats goin on" with ppl looking for me wen I hid frm everyone.
    Councilors don't do that. Are they expected to?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ellaella Community Manager Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    @ellie2000 if you feel comfortable doing so, writing down a disclosure of something you have been through for a counsellor to have a read over is a great idea and will likely prompt them to ask you more detailed/specific questions in your sessions!

does this sound like the push you are looking for out of your counselling sessions? :)

I also want to say well done for questioning if you are getting what you need about of your counsellor! It is a positive thing that you want to tailor your sessions to suit your needs! <3

Let us know how this all goes- you're doing great!
  • Options
    nat_nat_ Moderator Posts: 53 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000 checking in, how are you today? remember we are all here for you! <3
  • Options
    @ella @nat_ how do we explain how we feel to make everyone happy?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    Hey there,

I'm wondering why you want to make everyone happy?

Pretending that you are okay might make others happy but it might not make you feel better, if that's not how you feel. If you don't feel okay, pretending that you are okay, might just make you feel more lonely.

Perhaps instead of wondering what you can say to make everyone happy, you can think about how you really feel. Then you could work on telling people you trust how you really feel. You could also tell them that you feel you have to feel a certain way to make others happy. That might help them to understand you a bit better too.

Or if you don't know how you feel or can't describe how you feel, you could also tell your counsellor that. They might be able to help you identify your feelings :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Maisy @nat_ @ella I finally told someone tht I purge (less triggering). I don't like ppl running around making everything 'perfect'
    Leisure centre makes me happy where I went today but sometimes my emotions don't change, y?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000 - it's brave of you to speak to someone about this. How do you feel, now that you've been able to talk about it?

I'm glad to hear that the leisure centre makes you feel happy! What about it do you think makes you feel so? Sometimes we don't have the same response to the same thing each time - all sorts of things such as how our day is going and energy levels can change our response. That's quite normal :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.