Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bears vet trip

Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,108 Wise Owl
edited March 6 in Health & Wellbeing
So meet bear

8me2knqyuyob.jpg

Bear went to the vets today because he had 2 chunks of hair missing on his back. The vet couldn't find any external signs so tomorrow they are putting him under anaesthetic to check for a tumour and ring worm.

They said it's a risky procedure but after talking about it to the vet I decided to go through with it with the thought of if he passes then least it happened in his sleep and ill know that I've done everything I can for him and if he comes out alive then that's great and my heart won't shatter.

So tmr could go one of 2 ways :'(
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
Post edited by Rose113 on

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hi @River it's sounds like your dealing with a trickey situation with Bear at the moment. I am praying and hoping that Bear is okay and that his health isn't compromised in the long run. Having an animal being ill can be super challenging especially for the owner because we tend to bond with our pets so when they become ill it can affect us too. Hopefully the vets are able to figure out what is going on and whether or not he needs further treatment. I can reassure that most vets have seen things similar to this before and that Bear would be in the best of hands. I am praying that he is okay and healthy. I am always here if you need someone right now <3.

Sending you a massive hug and also one to Bear as well,

Amy22 <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    nat_nat_ Moderator Posts: 53 Boards Initiate
    hi @River I am so sorry you're going through this, we are all here for you. Please let us know how it all goes, we hope he's okay and the procedure goes okay <3
  • Options
    Thank you @nat_ I dropped him off at the vet this morning
  • Options
    nat_nat_ Moderator Posts: 53 Boards Initiate
    @River keep us updated! we wish him all the best <3
  • Options
    Getting really scared now about bear :s
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    It sounds like it's really stressful waiting to find out how Bear is doing. Hopefully he will make it through (vets have ways of trying to make sure that the anaesthetic is administered properly). And if he pulls through, hopefully your vet will have found whatever might be the cause behind the missing chunks of hair and hopefully get treatment started.

Fingers crossed and keep us updated! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Bear made it out of the procedure. We don't know what's wrong with him till we pick him up but as per usual mums more bothered about going to a stupid restraunt with her friends rather than picking me up so I can see bear :/
  • Options
    Got bear back, they found a lump so they are sending off the samples they took to the labs which could take a few weeks
  • Options
    @River I'm sorry to hear that they found a lump on Bear. Hopefully they can get the test results soon and they can make sure that Bear has the best of treatment that he can have in order to have a speedy recovery. That must be super tough on you right now especially when you wanted your mum to pick you up and she was elsewhere too. Im always here for you <3.
  • Options
    Away from bear for the weekend, scared that something go wrong and I won't be there to help and monitor him :s
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    That sounds really scary for you @River. Is there anyone else who can be there to help and monitor him over the weekend?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
  • Options
    knej23knej23 Posts: 33 Boards Initiate
    Hi @River I understand how you feel as I myself have a pet. I also get really worried about his health and not seeing him for periods of time but this is normal and just shows how much we love and care for them. I’m sure the weekend will fly by and you’ll be able to see Bear soon!
  • Options
    Wasn't with bear for last 24 hours and I got home tonight and checked on him straight away and he has 2 more patches of hair loss yet he is still him happy self. I opened his cage door and he came running to say hi and every time I get my phone out to get pictures he comes out. Here's some picture I got tonight:

TW// hair loss
    jerwn04rbuvl.jpg
    7t5pplop4ld6.jpg
    5iqw4iw71hhr.jpg
    hn69kudhzfvg.jpg
    7scvctp7dztr.jpg
    f033puzgoahd.jpg
    9jkl5876clnt.jpg
    0ld6qymsup3b.jpg
    7pnmr7abajul.jpg
    h7ob5s9qjjpu.jpg
    kzvy8px17cm7.jpg
    2izyrpmril94.jpg
    dy9ynlbn260j.jpg
    ydbl0j2aupyz.jpg
    y2nxed2ishuh.jpg
    415coelpfjbf.jpg
    f6mrtj65tv6a.jpg
    u4spzlxurshq.jpg
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Must be a relief to see him again @River has it reassured you a bit?
  • Options
    I bet it was super relieving to see him @River and I can imagine the same for Bear as well. I'm glad that he has been returned home to you. <3
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    glad to see you reunited with Bear, and I hope he's doing alright at the moment despite the medical problems and stuff.

He's absolutely adorable :3