Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

There's always something

joshy123joshy123 Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
Idk if this is allowed but I need advise on this We took the two girls to a birthday party in Whitchurch and on the way back we came around a corner to a car reversing out of their drive and it was really dangerous and then they sped off and dad went quite quick behind him lol bcs he was pissed so we get back to the village and the man just turns with no indicators and dad beeps at him and carrys on home and the man follows us and starts shouting at us and dad gets really pissed bcs of his problems so they start shouting at each other and the man goes I've dealt with you Southern bastards for years (which is discrimination and we are Northern irish anyways) ill fucking kill you and stuff and dad starts walking back to the house bcs he's gonna lamp him other wise and I'm between both of them tryna stop any fights and I told the man just please get back in your car and go and he said fuck off you fat cunt ill fucking kill you so dad went running at him and I had to stop him bcs I was thinking about the rest of us like money and criminal wise and the man says some horrible things that I ain't repeating and basically to go back where we came from or he'll sort us out and then when he left dad had a go at me for stopping him which in the heat of the moment I see why but if I hadn't of dad would of gotten arrested and we'd be fucked so yeah another amazing day as per usual
We have police coming on monday to question us is it a hate crime?

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    edited March 17
    That sounds really difficult for you @joshy123 to hear some horrible things and feel like you had to be in between them to keep your dad safe.

You have mentioned "another amazing day as per usual", would you like to share more with us about what else has been happening recently? We are here with you.

Your thoughts and feelings are valid. The Crown Prosecution Service defines hate crime as follows:
    The law recognises five types of hate crime on the basis of:

- Race
    - Religion
    - Disability
    - Sexual orientation
    - Transgender identity

Any crime can be prosecuted as a hate crime if the offender has either:

demonstrated hostility based on race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or transgender identity

Or

- been motivated by hostility based on race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or transgender identity

Someone can be a victim of more than one type of hate crime.

"Any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice, based on a person's disability or perceived disability; race or perceived race; or religion or perceived religion; or sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation or transgender identity or perceived transgender identity."

Do you feel like this is hate crime you experienced? I hear that you don't feel comfortable sharing everything with us. That's okay, you can share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.

How are you feeling about tomorrow at the moment? Is there anything which might help things to feel more manageable for you at the moment?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    joshy123joshy123 Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    Everything's just gone to shit my whole lifes just getting worse and worse
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Hey @joshy123 I'm so sorry to hear about this situation, it must have been really difficult being in the middle of the confrontation and trying to stop it from escalating.
    Just checking in to see how you've been today? I hope the chat with the police went okay :3 Remember we are always here to listen and support you with anything you feel comfortable with sharing <3