Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hello, everyone! <3

ellaella Community Manager Posts: 82 Budding Regular
edited February 29 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, everyone! 🌼

My name is Ella and I am so excited to be joining the Community team at The Mix today as the new Digital Community Officer ⭐

Outside of work, I am a neurodiversity, LGBT+ and mental health advocate, knitter and cat lover! 🧶🐱

I also love sharing vegan cooking tips , interior design, wild swimming and would consider myself a superfan of the band, The 1975!!

Happy to meet you all!

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Welcome to The Mix, Ella! It will be lovely having you as the new Digital Community Officer- you sound like an awesome person! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,018 Wise Owl
    Hi Ella, welcome to The Mix! :)
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,316 Part of The Furniture
    warm welcomes @ella! awesome to have you on the team :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @ella welcome! Is that your cat in the profile pic? Either way it's so cute!
  • Options
    indievioletindieviolet Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    Hi Ella, welcome to the Mix!!! I also love the 1975, what's your favourite song by them?
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,061 Wise Owl
    welcome @ella - its great to have you here
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,088 Wise Owl
    hey @ella welcome. whats a digital community officer?
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 605 Incredible Poster
    Lovely to have you join the team @ella! <3
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,033 Boards Guru
    So lovely to have you with us @ella!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 457 Listening Ear
    Welcome @ella! Hope you're well and that you enjoy your time here on the boards! :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    @indieviolet love that! my favourite song is probably Change of Heart or Happiness, but so hard to choose! What's yours? :3
  • Options
    indievioletindieviolet Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    edited March 1
    ella wrote: »
    @indieviolet love that! my favourite song is probably Change of Heart or Happiness, but so hard to choose! What's yours? :3
    Ooo nice! There are too many to pick from but I've had When We Are Together on repeat a lot recently :)
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome @ella <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 Aww no I wish it was!! Saying that, I should knit my own cat a scarf! Is that your cat in you photo?😸
  • Options
    @ella Yes it is she's called Vada <3
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 what a beautiful name! <3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,011 Community Veteran
    ella wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! 🌼

My name is Ella and I am so excited to be joining the Community team at The Mix today as the new Digital Community Officer ⭐

Outside of work, I am a neurodiversity, LGBT+ and mental health advocate, knitter and cat lover! 🧶🐱

I also love sharing vegan cooking tips , interior design, wild swimming and would consider myself a superfan of the band, The 1975!!

Happy to meet you all!

Hey Ella welcome to The Mix!. It's so cool to have you here. I too am also a neurodiversity and LGBTQ+ advocator as well as advocating for poc people in the LGBTQ+ community as well!. I also love knitting and crochet!. I'm so excited to see you around on here.

All the best,

Amy22 <3

p.s have a free virtual cookie on me :):cookie:
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Welcome, im sure you'll have a wonderful time (if not sometimes stressful) here.

I appear a couple of times a year, and then disappear just as quickly, used to be here much more frequent tho
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the team @ella! Glad to have you here :)
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Welcome @ella I also love wild swimming when I can! :3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,801 Master Poster
    You have a kitty!!!!!!! Yay. I have 3. Great to have you here. It`s even better to see that you`re a neurodiversity advocate, especially as I am neurodiverse and feel as though there needs to be more awareness and understanding of the neurodiverse community and helping them to feel listened to and valued.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    @Dancer hey! Aww I am jealous you have three cats- I would love to have more but I'm not sure my cat would thrive being a big sister🤣 What are your cats called? Mine is called Custard!

I agree that there needs to more awareness around neurodiversity! Out of interest, is there anything you would like to see us doing at The Mix to show the neurodiverse community we are here to listen? Not a problem if you don't have any ideas right now- our DMs are always open if you come up with anything! <3
  • Options
    @ella Custard is such a cute name for a cat! <3
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to The Mix @ella it's good to have you on board with us :)
    The sun will rise and we will try again