Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

organisations

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,984 Community Veteran
I chickened out goin to 'hertssunflower' I now been told of 'sue lambert' n I wondered if it would b intense?
And wat do those two do
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 78 Budding Regular
    Hi Ellie,
    It's great that you're reaching out to organisations for support, it can be scary at times but it's so important not to be too hard on yourself for not going to Herts Sunflower. <3

I had a quick look on the Sue Lambert website(https://www.suelamberttrust.org/looking-for-support/) and they seem to offer quite a wide range of support and resources depending on what kind of help you are looking for. Generally, therapy and counselling can be pretty intense at times but the person working with you will recognise this and help you through it. There are also things you can do, like practising self care or reaching out to friends, which could help you through any tough moments.

I've linked a couple of articles about self care here: https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/looking-after-yourself/a-guide-to-self-care-15574.html
    https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/looking-after-yourself/how-to-make-a-self-care-tool-kit-40688.html

Let me know how you get on :)
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,984 Community Veteran
    @Matthew_04 I went today and I realised I got alot to work through even though I had a therapist who did works to do with assertiveness, how I felt, how to talk etc. I still remember her coz she got me off a shelf I couldn't get down from, is it a insult to therapists if the client needs more?
    Y does mental health betterness take 4eva to achieve from past trauma?
    I got told tht I could go beyond 52 weeks if I want to :)
    carrying a box everywhere with u could lead ppl to become suspicious.
    Wat does the 'finch' app do?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    I don't think it's an insult to therapists if the client needs more. Some types of therapy are short term while others are longer term. And a therapist might think they can help you at the start of therapy only to find out that you might benefit from another type of therapy or longer therapy. It's not an insult (and the therapist knows this) it's just that you have the needs that the therapist couldn't meet but maybe another therapist can. And it's really good to hear that you could go beyond 52 weeks if you want to!

It can take a long time to heal from past trauma, depending on what the trauma was, how recent it was, whether it was short/long term trauma, who caused the trauma, other things going on in our life and even our personality and outlook on life. Even though healing might take a while, it's worth it <3

You don't have to carry a box around for self-care (that could make people suspicious!) but you could put comforting or calming items in a little bag to carry around with you, if that helps. As for the finch app, I had a quick read and it sounds like a self-care pet app for your phone. You take care of the pet and in doing so take care of yourself too :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.