Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tlkn to therapists for the first time

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,007 Community Veteran
Could It leave u feeling coocoo for the rest of the day if u have the beginning phonecall in the morning?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,099 Wise Owl
    Therapy can be a slow process and I imagine talking about things you’re struggling with might make you feel worse at first, I often felt a bit rubbish immediately after my CAMHS sessions
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Therapy can make you feel a bit emotional which can feel draining. Particularly, if like me, you are someone who is 'quiet' and struggles with things like phone calls. I used schedule in time afterwards to recover and regain my energy. But not all sessions are like this though. You can have good sessions too.

If you feel you might struggle with having a phone call in the morning, is it possible for you to reschedule for a later time (if you feel that might be better for you)?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @ellie2000 just checking in on you this weekend <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,007 Community Veteran
    @ebyrne556 I been struggling this week. And I think there is no-one about
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 856 Part of The Mix Family
    Sorry to hear you have been struggling this week @ellie2000 look after yourself We are all here for you if you want to chat at anytime you are not alone <3