Homeโ€บ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Life

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
Wat r goals? How do not fall down/get triggered? Y did everyone expect me to b good n quiet
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    And what meds do with these brain chemical level stuff
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @ellie2000 Goals are things people aim to achieve, often to better themselves. People often have different expectations of others for various reasons, but I'm not sure why people would expect you to be quiet.

Medication can be used to help aid an imbalance of chemicals in the brain to help people feel a bit better.

https://webmd.com/mental-health/what-are-psychotropic-medications

https://healthline.com/health/what-is-a-psychotropic-drug#major-classes

These links might help you understand a bit better the technical roles of medication
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 wat I mean by 'good n quiet' why did ppl get frustrated wen I went 'BOOM' n sed wat was happening at time?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    Sometimes people might think that others who make sudden sounds or noises and say what is going on, might be seen as disruptive. Especially if you are in a class, quiet place, or the person just prefers a quiet environment. It might be best to talk about this with the person involved and hear from them why they reacted the way they did.

It can be difficult to not get triggered. Somethings that might help include remembering times when you were triggered, to see what caused it and look for patterns so that you can work out what things might trigger you and then either avoid it or find ways of learning to cope with your emotions when you do get triggered.

As for medication, this depends on medication it is. Antidepressants work to increase the 'happy' chemicals in your brain but other medications might work differently. If you want to learn more, you could always ask your doctor or psychiatrist.

Hope this helps a bit :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Maisy @lunarcat522 today the class were watching a different film tht I was on my phone, wen the tutor person came to tlk to me, I couldn't say how I felt or wat I was thinking.
    Why do feelings build up in the week? N wat causes this to occur?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 Sometimes we struggle to find an outlet to express our feelings or sometimes we don't realise that things affect us until something tips us over the edge.

Do you know why you didn't feel able to say how you felt or your thoughts? Is it that you're worried about the reaction?
  • Options
    LozLoz Community Champion Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    @ellie2000
    @Maisy @lunarcat522 today the class were watching a different film tht I was on my phone, wen the tutor person came to tlk to me, I couldn't say how I felt or wat I was thinking.
    Why do feelings build up in the week? N wat causes this to occur?

It's okay not to be able to explain how you're feeling.

Sometimes different thoughts and feelings we don't understand build-up inside. Is there anything you enjoy doing to distract yourself when you feel like this? <3
    "My darkside won today" - DArkSide by BMTH
  • Options
    @Loz I play games, play keyboard even tough I'm losing interest, how do u keep a thing goin even if ur bored of it?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 What kind of games do you like to play?

I think sometimes, we lose motivation to do the things we love. However, I think it's important you carry on doing things you are passionate about, as it carries a purpose to us and gives us something to focus on.

Have you considered trying something new out? Like finding something else you might enjoy doing. For example, baking, or art?

Sending hugs <3
  • Options
    @Loz I like borderlands, crash bandicoot, spyro(wen it's easy)
    I do art sometimes 5ipirq4uoqvy.jpg
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @Loz but bad feeling set in n I'm unable too
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 Have you spoke to anyone about these feelings? Maybe it could help to offload?

<3
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 @Maisy @Loz its hard to find someone. I used to introduce myself to ppl n then frm the start I didn't no wat to tlk about so I tlkd about life n tht put them off.
    So no I stay quiet. With feelings building up, Fridays is a normal day day nd instead of joining in, I just sit away frm the group wen I feel off. I play fone games like metal slug 3๐Ÿ˜Š n I notice 1 or 2 ppl looking worried, y?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 They're maybe just worried about you and hoping that you're alright?