Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cancer

Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,090 Wise Owl
Found out my grandma has cancer again
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that. Sending big hugs :heart:
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 610 Incredible Poster
    This is so sad to hear @River, can imagine this must have been crushing news. We're here if you'd like to share more <3

Sending you lots of hugs too <3
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 The Mix Regular
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thank you @Gemma @AnonymousToe @faolan

Gemma - idk what to do with myself 😕 I feel like my heart has been smashed 😖 the last 3 times were hard to deal with knowing I could loose the only person that understands me 😭
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 610 Incredible Poster
    River wrote: »
    Gemma - idk what to do with myself 😕 I feel like my heart has been smashed 😖 the last 3 times were hard to deal with knowing I could loose the only person that understands me 😭

That's totally understandable @River - I can really hear how much you're hurting right now. I know from personal experience too how hard-hitting news like that can be about someone we love so dearly. It's like a mixture of shock, pain, fear and anxiety for what comes next. It's really horrible. <3

I'm sending so much strength to you, your grandma, and your family. What are the doctors saying about the diagnosis? <3
  • Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    @River I am so sorry that is really devastating news. My heart hurts for you.

Try to be around people who love you and make sure you keep sharing how you feel. We are all here for you on this journey River. Sending you lots of strength.

Keep checking in with us. <3
  • Options
    Thank you @ameliaJayne

I'm going to see my grandma today
  • Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    @River I hope you have a wonderful time with her. Cherish these precious moments as I know you will.

Sending hugs. <3
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Sending you so much love and lots of hugs. I can't even imagine how hard this time is for you right now. but know we are all here to support and listen to you.

I hope you have a wonderful time with your grandma today :smile:
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    So sorry to hear this River such sad news cant imagine how sad u must b feeling but we are here for you if u. Sending lots of hugs and strength hope u had a great time spending time with her yesterday <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    @River I am so sorry to hear that your grandma is going through with that right now. That must be very stressful for everyone including you. I hope you are doing okay during these trying times and that you know you always got us too if you ever need someone to talk to <3. I am sending you a hug <3.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    all i hear is cancer this, cancer that. why cant people irl just shut up about it, its driving me mad and i cant cope with that being the constant talk
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    edited February 5
    River wrote: »
    all i hear is cancer this, cancer that. why cant people irl just shut up about it, its driving me mad and i cant cope with that being the constant talk

I can imagine how stressful and triggering that must be to go through every single day to even hear that word must bring a lot of stress on your shoulders. I do feel like it has been talked about quite frequently lately, and sometimes when a topic affects us on a personal level it can be quite tiresome to have to endure seeing that topic every single day. I'm always here if you need someone <3. My DM's are always open as usual <3.

Sending hugs,

Amy
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Sorry to hear about your grandma, River. Understandably you wouldn't want to hear people constantly talk about cancer when it's a difficult time for you. I think it can help to try to avoid the news (if you can) and ask those who are talking about cancer in real life, to try not to talk about it in front of you. Take care <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.