Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I hate physics

PetiteQuarkPetiteQuark Posts: 47 Boards Initiate
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I hate physics.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Aw im sorry their is always one awful subject :'(
    what makes u hate physics so much?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @PetiteQuark sorry to hear that you hate the subject :/ it can be really difficult studying for something you don't enjoy. It could be helpful to alternate with a subject you do like to keep motivated <3
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Aw im sorry their is always one awful subject :'(
    what makes u hate physics so much?

Just fallen out of love with it, its just too much for me and i just can't be asked to deal with it.
    Honestly i feel like the teachers who told me not to do alevel physics bc of my grades were right. Its a subject only for the most intelligent people.

But then i see stuff thats like 'we need more girls in physics' or 'girls who dont do physics just want to do smth like btec hair and beauty' etc when that wasn't the case for me i used to be into it but nkt anymore and now i feel demonised for not doing alevel physics,when it wasn't even my choice, also i feel like only some people are good at maths and im not one of them.
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @PetiteQuark I don't think physics is a subject only for the intelligent but if you don't think it's right for you right now and have fallen out of love with it, I'd listen to yourself and maybe give it a break for now. I had a similar experience with biology at school, I used to love it and then it got a bit too challenging for me and began to stress me out and I didn't enjoy it anymore as an academic subject but I enjoy it recreationally, watching documentaries etc. Don't feel too pressured, just do what feels right for you. The statement about girls only wanting to do hair and beauty is ill-informed, and plus, we need hair and beauty people out there anyway, it's not a bad thing if you're into that, and the same for if you're not!

Don't feel demonised for not doing physics - I'll be honest, I've never studied physics, I completely avoided it due to the maths element of it, and that was the right choice for me as even though I may have been capable, it would have been too stressful for me.

I know people say this a lot but grades don't determine your life, there's plenty of opportunities out there, whether it's taking a different pathway or resitting the subject, everyone has their own journey. It's not something I managed to comprehend at school due to the individualised, competitive environment, but it's okay not to do it all! You're allowed to take a break and do things at your own pace, don't burn yourself out.

Have you spoken to anyone in your life about how you feel in terms of physics? Is it possible for you to drop or switch out the subject for something else?
  • Options
    @PetiteQuark I don't think physics is a subject only for the intelligent but if you don't think it's right for you right now and have fallen out of love with it, I'd listen to yourself and maybe give it a break for now. I had a similar experience with biology at school, I used to love it and then it got a bit too challenging for me and began to stress me out and I didn't enjoy it anymore as an academic subject but I enjoy it recreationally, watching documentaries etc. Don't feel too pressured, just do what feels right for you. The statement about girls only wanting to do hair and beauty is ill-informed, and plus, we need hair and beauty people out there anyway, it's not a bad thing if you're into that, and the same for if you're not!

Don't feel demonised for not doing physics - I'll be honest, I've never studied physics, I completely avoided it due to the maths element of it, and that was the right choice for me as even though I may have been capable, it would have been too stressful for me.

I know people say this a lot but grades don't determine your life, there's plenty of opportunities out there, whether it's taking a different pathway or resitting the subject, everyone has their own journey. It's not something I managed to comprehend at school due to the individualised, competitive environment, but it's okay not to do it all! You're allowed to take a break and do things at your own pace, don't burn yourself out.

Have you spoken to anyone in your life about how you feel in terms of physics? Is it possible for you to drop or switch out the subject for something else?

Idk if what i feel is right, or if i truly am beginning to hate physics or whether its just me hating it because ive been told to hate it.

Currently im just retaking my GCSEs, ive technically passed all my gcses but maths, and ive done my maths retake in November (outside of college) but they made me retake double science and english and some other subjects :/
    Im not even remotely interested in hair and beauty, but ive asked if i can switch courses to literally, anything and my teachers said no.
    Like i just wanna move on and idk preferably be independent because my mum is disappointed at me and doesn't even like me 😂
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,804 Master Poster
    Yuck physics. The theory was so boring sometimes. I was good at the maths side though but that`s about it. I stopped doing Science as soon as I could.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Dancer wrote: »
    Yuck physics. The theory was so boring sometimes. I was good at the maths side though but that`s about it. I stopped doing Science as soon as I could.

I mean, i used(?) To like physics but ahhhh its so hard, and the students who do it are so competitive and I don't like competition
  • Options
    ChrisMChrisM Moderator, Staff Posts: 43 Boards Initiate
    Hi @PetiteQuark,
    Sorry to hear you are finding physics hard going but just because you are finding a subject challenging at the moment doesn't mean you're not intelligent!

It is may be worth having an honest discussion with your teachers about what you are struggling with. They may be able to help you get over a block or offer guidance on your next steps.

There's an Mix article and video on all things re-takes here: https://www.themix.org.uk/work-and-study/study-and-exam-tips/retaking-gcse-or-a-level-exams-1240.html

Exams don't define you as a person and you always have choices! Tell us how you get on.

• Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 588 Incredible Poster
    omg i hate physics too and im so shit at it i dread it every time i have it
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'