Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The Mix crochet project idea

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
q1w42eq8m90w.jpg

Hi all, hope you are all doing well this week!. I just found an old diary of mine which has blank graph paper and I drew a mix drawing because I had an idea of crocheting a mix granny square to attach to a blanket or even to my other one I'm working on at the moment. However, I tried it before with the graphgan style but it didn't work so I am going to crochet the individual letters and do it that way if I can. I have got a Tom Daley crochet and knitting book which has got a pattern for the alphabet and how to crochet words and letters which I might have a go at. Or I could revisit the youtube video I watched to make letters in freeform. However there are so many I couldn't choose or decide where to start. This has been a project of mine I really want to.do but never got round to doing. If I do eventually make this square I'll have to definitely it share it on here. I might use that Tom Daley pattern because it's helpful. Please let me know what you folk think and whether I should make like a self care inspired blanket maybe???.
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    I mean, is there ever a no to more blankets? But a self-care-inspired blanket sounds like an extra fab idea! What would your first step be in making this @Amy22? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    it sounds like an amazing idea amy - and i (and we) would love to see the end result if it does end up being completed.

and i've got to agree that a self-care inspired blanket sounds like SUCH a good idea :3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Aww thank you so much for both of your kind words,. I did have a look at this thread earlier on but I forgot to respond. I'm thinking I am going to make a mix granny square first and see where it takes me. I have been thinking about adding words or letter related to self care maybe even crocheting some little hearts or self affirmations.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    @Amy22, this is such a wonderful idea! Good luck with it, I'd love to see how the final result will turn out! Also I think a self-care inspired blanket is a golden idea :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Such an amazing idea @Amy22 will be excited to see/hear updates <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.