Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

love

Maria2008Maria2008 Posts: 146 Helping Hand
edited August 2023 in Sex & Relationships
anyone ever felt like their boyfriend is cheating on them coz they havent replied for a full day then you wake up the next morning to find that he texted you just before you went to sleep coz he was at work
Post edited by Laura_tigger82 on

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2023
    Almost like you thought this because of not receiving a response as quickly as you would hope? How did it feel once he responded saying he was at work? I have moved your post @Maria2008 just so, hopefully, more people can see your post now it is in the sex and relationships category :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    no its just he usually text like after three hours and then when i didnt recieve a message all day i got worried and started thing of 100 reasons then i guess i was relieved when i woke up that morning . thank you again for supporting me
  • Options
    You are welcome @Maria2008 - we are all here to support you. I can hear how a difference in speed in responding might have triggered you to get worried and start thinking of all the possible reasons! Glad to hear you are feeling relieved now :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    yh i guess thnx
  • Options
    It sounds like hearing from him that he was just busy helped the most @Maria2008. It is positive that you feel able to talk to him about how you are feeling :)
  • Options
    yh definetly
  • Options
    right im scared no im nervous no im happy baso in short im confused i go back to school tommorow but i also see lets call him idk biker coz im not putting his name down just in case you know he suddenly started using the mix and see this or i can just say to protect him so back on topic i see Biker tommorow sure ive texted him through email but theres beeen times where he hasnt replied for days and i havent seen him at all through the holidays so idk how to react when i see him i need help weve only been dating for 7 weeks as well so face to face weve been in relationship for a week and 6 weeks was online or long distance whatever u want to call it the main point is i need help before 7 oclock tommorow plese xxxx
    from @Maria2008
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Maria2008 , it's not uncommon for people in relationships to feel worried or anxious when their partner doesn't respond to messages for an extended period, especially if it's out of the ordinary. But it's essential to approach such situations with an open and honest conversation rather than jumping to conclusions about cheating. People may have different reasons for delayed responses. Work, personal commitments, and unforeseen circumstances can all contribute to someone not responding promptly.

Effective communication is key to resolving misunderstandings and maintaining trust in a relationship. Openly expressing your concerns and listening to your partner's perspective can help both of you understand each other better and strengthen your connection.
  • Options
    hi @Terry8936 thanx for the advice ive seen him for three days and he is very complicated now one minute he wants to love me aand the next minute he just blanks out my existence ive tried to support him but tbh i dont know what is wrong with him like ive given him his own space but he gets upset when i do that and claims that i dont love him when im there next to him he doesnt even realise and if he does hell either pinch me slap me try to break my hands hes a total different person to what hes like online when he is online idk what to do ive spoken to my friends about it and well they have equal votes on wheather i should break up with him or not i love him but im not sure if he feels the same about me
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    edited September 2023
    Hey @Maria2008, it sounds like you're feeling uncertain as to whether Biker loves you or not, and I think it's natural to feel a little confused in that situation. You feel loved one minute, and blanked another; you give him space and that's received badly, but you're with him and he either doesn't acknowledge it, or he acts physically towards you, both of which are evidence of being received badly as well. And even when you ask your friends, you're not getting a clear answer either as to what to do. When we receive mixed signals like this that contradict each other, it's completely natural to feel confused as to how that person actually feels!

First of all, it has to be said - people can get angry at each other, or disagree, but that does not vindicate acting physically in that way. Pinching, slapping, and attempting to break your hands(!), are not only an inappropriate way to react, but they are considered physical abuse. That is completely out of order, and you should not have to, nor deserve to, put up with that kind of behaviour. It would absolutely be a red flag in my opinion, so I'd definitely keep that in mind. I'll include a link that talks more about abuse in relationships:
    https://www.acornsproject.org.uk/information-advice/what-is-teenage-relationship-abuse/

As to what you do about the relationship, it's your decision at the end of the day. Relationships should complement our lives, and so the question to ask yourself is whether being with Biker makes your life better or not. Ultimately, it's your decision as to whether you choose to stay, or you choose to walk away. But remember, whatever you decide, you will still have your friends and family by your side, and of course, we're here if you want to come and chat too <3
  • Options
    thanks for all the help everyone but unfortunately what i feared came true he didnt love me he did love my best friend tho and he joked about having '2 bitches one on each leg' i felt like he was using me but its over guys im single i miss him but he was a crackhead and he had the nerve to call me 'his' psycho