Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Psychology students

lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I know there's a lot of psychology students on here (current and former) and was wondering if anyone knows of any good resources for studying psychology at university as I plan on progressing to year 2.

I'm aware of the Richard Gross textbook Psychology the Science of Mind and Behaviour so was wondering if anyone knew of any good textbooks, websites/journal articles etc that are accessible and not too difficult to digest

Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    What topics will you be studying within psychology in year 2 @lunarcat522? Generally, as an overview, I found YouTube and Simply Psychology helpful. However, you will want to find more academic sources (like journal articles) to reference once you have a clear gist of the topic. Generally, I found websites - books - references in books - a general journal article search the most helpful as then you can stage your understanding :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Laura_tigger82 I'm not sure yet specifically but maybe biological psychology, cognitive neuroscience, developmental psychology, individuals differences and psychological assessment, social psychology and research methods.

We've been advised to steer clear of simplypsychology