Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What random acts of kindness have you given/received?

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
Hey all!

A random act of kindness can sometimes come out of nowhere. If you receive it, it can make your day. And if you give it, knowing that you've made someone smile without any reason can makes us glow inside. Sometimes even the little things can make a big difference :)

Have you received or done a random act of kindness? What happened, and how did it make you feel? Would love to hear your stories below!
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    nat_nat_ Moderator Posts: 53 Boards Initiate
    @Azziman, thanks for this post, it can create such a positive impact!
    sometime during the week, a little girl complimented my outfit out of nowhere, it was so sweet <3
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Someone at uni complimented my nails the other week

I know its small but it made me smile nonetheless :3
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    This is such a lovely thread idea @Azziman!

An act of kindness that crosses my mind every now and then was when my placement partner and I complimented a participant's (I'm a research assistant who carries out EEG) hair colour and outfit, and at the end of the EEG session the participant said that they were very happy to have us as researchers.

It made me really happy giving those compliments, and for making someone's day, it really goes to show that a small, random act of kindness can go a long way and give positive feelings to both parties :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Thanks all for sharing, these are all so wholesome! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,802 Master Poster
    One of my teachers brought in doughnuts for the class.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 78 Budding Regular
    I was working on Christmas Eve and I wore a Christmas jumper to work. I got so many compliments from customers, it made the busy shift a bit less stressful :3
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    I don't know if this is considered a random act of kindness or just an action rather. But the producer I work with on my apprenticeship gave me a massive hug on my first day of work and it made me feel like I was already part of the time :smile::blush:
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    I meant to put team there not time :lol:
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films