Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

being sectioned with a physical disability

toffuna101toffuna101 Posts: 154 Helping Hand
if things were to ever get worse for me and if no other option was available, how would i even be able to get sectioned with a physical disability? ive done some research on inpatient mental health facilities and they dont really provide any details about accessibility. given the lack of NHS mental health beds and space within the mental health system, how would they be able to provide for my mental let alone physical needs properly?

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 412 Listening Ear
    @toffuna101 Honestly I'm really not sure, but that's a great question, I've never really thought about it before. Legally buildings are supposed to comply with the 2010 Equality Act, but I'm actually not sure about whether they are in practice as like you say there are limitations such as space etc.

I hope someone can help answer this as I'm interested too.
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 931 Part of The Mix Family
    Unfortunately I think for everywhere in the UK being sectioned isn't really a choice, but a decision made by your local crisis team/community mental health team - and then it's only really basically a holding pen to get you stabilized on medication or anything of the sorts. Sorry
  • Options
    @IainJammyboy so they dont really like help with your mental health and stuff u with medication instead? i thought you could go there voluntarily if u were capable in doing so. also what if u cant get in contact with one of those teams?
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 931 Part of The Mix Family
    Usually if you can't get in contact with a mental health team you can phone up NHS 24 or show up to a and e - they will help you. But yeah, just kinda for medication purposes or psychosis but I won't talk about it because I don't know much. At least where I live there's absolutely no chance of voluntarily bring in one, even after I was in hospital for a few days after injuring myself I didn't have an option at all and was just sent home
  • Options
    damn that sucks :'(