Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Overthinking about originality

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
Okay sorry to burden you all with this stupid shity post of mine. I apologise in advance. I just feel like I can't get over my main fear of not being original enough. I just feel like everything I have done or made has been done before and I hate that I am technically a copy or the things I do are a copy. Sorry I just feel like I am thinknig this all wrong. Also, this thought occured to me when playing one my lego dc super villians game and I made a custom character based on my fav character from a tv show but I realised that someone has already made that character on their game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXYNRbQRrDA) link is here. So I decided to re design my character again. why did I copy from a youtube tutorial my brain is acting fuzzy again. So I wanted to delte it and googled it found out that you can't delete your custom character but can change it. I think I changed the name to custom 1. Sorry for posting this uneccesary thing, my brain started getting anxious when playing the game. I just needed somewhere to write down my thoughts I guess. My brain often worries about originality and I wish it would just stop working sometimes. I want an off button for my brain for it to not function the way it does. Sorry :disappointed_relieved:
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    God I do really hate myself for what I have done sigh
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    edited December 2023
    @Amy22 dont worry. I dont know anything about that game but what I do know is that it’s a game… so the whole point is to have fun! I guess a lot of the things we do will have been done by somebody before, and with social media it’s easy to see that. It doesn’t mean your idea wasn’t original though! You can post about whatever you need to here, there’s nothing unnecessary especially when it’s bothering you. Sending hugs
  • Options
    Thank you @AnonymousToe I think about the most complex things my worries are complex and hard to understand sometimes but I appreciate your support <3.
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    @Amy22 yeah I get it, anxiety can be so weird sometimes!
  • Options
    @AnonymousToe honestly it can and it affects me randomly when im least expecting it too. I just hate it you know its like a uneccessary thing I dont need. Its like a dark shadow on your back watching you constantly making you question everything. I named my anxiety Andy and so when I get anxious I say oh its only Andy naughty boy :joy:
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    I was thinking about something similar a little while ago. I love creating dogs in a certain video game. I had this idea that I was going to try to make the video game dogs look as realistic as possible. Then I came across someone online who has already done that. I admired their work but was a little disappointed. I felt the idea had already been 'taken'. But after a while, I sat and thought about it. Given how many people there are in the world and how many play this video game, there's bound to be more than a few who had the same idea. But just because someone else has done it, doesn't mean that I can't. And I realised that even if you create something a certain way (and someone else has done it too) you still have your own 'style'. It's your take on something. So even if creations are similar, there will still be differences too. Hope this helps a little :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your kind words @Maisy. Actually when I think of that there are actually lots of people who are into the same things or like similar even do similar things. Therefore why I am worrying about something so small in a way when the things I am doing have been multiple ways before. I guess in some I am perfectionist in orginality and that I strive to be different from people in order to stand out. I don't want to fit in but sometimes I feel like the need for wanting to be unique, original, different actually puts more stress and worry on me than it necessarily should. Thanks for sharing this though as it is super helpful <3.