Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hey new here!

Helllo
Just wanted to make my first post, introducing myself
Currently studying psychology and interested in the neurodivergent experience and mind.
I have ADHD and suspected autism (trying to navigate NHS mental health services)
I am just looking for others who have experiences I can relate to

Thanks for reading
See you around

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Hiya @mimbo It's cool to have you on here. I hope you enjoy it on here too <3. Studying psychology sounds super interesting and fun to do. I'm also a fellow neurodiverse person too, (AuHD) :). Also I too am interested in the neurodiverse mind as well!. I look forward to seeing you around here on the boards too,

All the best,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @mimbo welcome to the mix! I've just applied to study psychology and I'm also currently attempting to receive support from NHS mental health services
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,021 Wise Owl
    Hi @mimbo , welcome to the mix! I also have suspected autism and I’m currently waiting for the result of an assessment for it.
  • Options
    Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 78 Budding Regular
    Hiya
    Welcome to the community!
    I'm studying psychology too, how are you finding your course so far?
  • Options
    EmmaLou30EmmaLou30 Moderator Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
    Hi @mimbo ! Welcome to the community!
    Are you enjoying your psychology course so far? Those are definitely some interesting topics!
    It will be great to have you around!
    Em
    Forum Moderator
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    Hi @mimbo - and welcome

Fellow (now former) psychology student here - Hope you're enjoying your psychology course - and what interesting and important topics to be interested in

Hope to see you around more soon :3
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    hey @mimbo welcome!
    I am also studying psychology atm!
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    welcome to the community! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the community @mimbo! <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Welcome @mimbo it's good to have you here! :)
  • Options
    nat_nat_ Moderator Posts: 53 Boards Initiate
    Hey @mimbo, glad you're here <3
    I also study psychology! how are you finding it? i hope you enjoy the community, and we are all here for you, welcome to the community :)
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 644 Incredible Poster
    Hey there and welcome to The Mix!

I have studied mental health at university and was particularly interested in the autism and ADHD side of things too. I'm sure many members here are neurodivergent or suspect they might be. In fact, we have a forum dedicated to just that https://community.themix.org.uk/categories/neurodivergence

Hope you find what you are looking for here <3
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hi @mimbo, welcome to our community, from a fellow psychology student!! I hope you’re doing well and I hope to see you around the discussion boards :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,277 Wise Owl
    hey @mimbo welcome to the mix!! I've got adhd too and i hope to study psychology at uni someday too :) how are u finding it?

i hope u enjoy being a part of the mix community and i hope you're doing well ♡
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain