Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

E-meet me!

Mia_RMia_R Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
Hi everyone, I am Mia (its a name I have silently always used for some reason idk). I am a 2nd yr undergrade. psychology student. I am an international student here. I have always dreamed to be a mental health professional although I wasn't really meet with encouragement a lot when I was younger.
I enjoy reading, writing, cooking, movies and going around different art galleries and museums.
This is a very exciting moment for me!
Love,
Mia_R

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    Welcome to The Mix, Mia!

It's lovely to see that you are an international psychology student and dream of being a mental health professional- that's a wonderful dream to aim for! It can be difficult when you don't have a lot of support or encouragement from others but I'm sure you'll make a big difference to the lives of others :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,022 Community Veteran
    Hi Mia welcome to The Mix. I also love reading and watching films.I wonder what your favourite film is?. :)

Amy x
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Mia_R! Welcome to The Mix, it’s really great to have you here! Your dream of being a mental health professional sounds like such a great and honourable one! Have you been enjoying your undergraduate degree? I look forward to seeing you around on the boards :3
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    Mia_RMia_R Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Thanks for your welcome.@LydsRose9 I am liking the uni experience so far. I look forward to see you too around.
    @Amy22
    I really love horror and Dystopian book movies. Hunger game's new movies is coming soon. I am very excited about that. There are alot of sub genre movies that I like too like The Wonder.
    Love,
    Mia_R
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hiya Mia. It's nice to meet you! Welcome to the community! Hope you are well :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 458 Listening Ear
    Hi @Mia_R, welcome to our community from a fellow psychology undergraduate! I wish you all the best for achieving your dream of becoming a mental health professional, I'm sure that you'll do an incredible job! Hope you're doing okay and that you enjoy your time here at the boards :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the mix! <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    Welcome @Mia_R ! I am also an undergraduate psychology student so its really great to hear that you are enjoying it so far!
    I am also super excited for the new Hunger Games film! got my tickets ready to see it!
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Mia_R @Katie12 I'm also super excited for the new Hunger games film! I've got my tickets for the 18th and am really looking forward to it!
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Mia_R nice to meet you, welcome to the mix!

I also studied psychology when I was at uni!! :)
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome to the Mix, @Mia_R! :)
  • Options
    Mia_R wrote: »
    Thanks for your welcome.@LydsRose9 I am liking the uni experience so far. I look forward to see you too around.
    @Amy22
    I really love horror and Dystopian book movies. Hunger game's new movies is coming soon. I am very excited about that. There are alot of sub genre movies that I like too like The Wonder.

Same here I also love a good horror or dystopian book. I also love the hunger games. I havent seen the new one but hoping to get on dvd some day. Have you seen the new Hunger Games?.
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @Amy22 I watched the new Hunger Games and I'd definitely recommend it, it was really good! It's influenced me to read the book - normally I'm one for reading the book before the film but I wasn't a fan of the romance element in the first book so I stopped reading them, but I might read this one now!
  • Options
    @Amy22 I watched the new Hunger Games and I'd definitely recommend it, it was really good! It's influenced me to read the book - normally I'm one for reading the book before the film but I wasn't a fan of the romance element in the first book so I stopped reading them, but I might read this one now!

I really need to see as I saw the trailer and it looked brilliant!. I got the book a while back I think when it realeased in lockdown and I havent read it yet as I am still on Mockingjay. I get you with the romance part as I browsed through chapters of the book and I find Snow a bit much sometimes I don't know but it does look good.
  • Options
    Random_donRandom_don Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi Mia, nice to meet you. I'm doing psychology as an a level, it's cool isn't it? Anyway, have a good day