Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why Did You Leave Me? (Monologue)

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,811 Master Poster
This is a monologue that I wrote inspired by the idea of women where they have just lost their loved ones.

I feel lost, and I don't know who I am. I sometimes doubt if I even exist anymore. Not being with you makes me feel as though I am a sandwich without the bread. Why did you have to go? The journey has been long, and I don't know if I can go through anymore. I have to carry on and be strong no matter what. For me. For you. For when we are back together. We will always be together through everything whether you are here or not. These memories hurt, and it feels I may never get over them. They consume me with fear. The words are an absolute mess, and they won't come out no matter how much I try. I can hardly even exhale. There's a mountain pushing against me. A mountain must however be climbed. There's one thing I still need to know. Will things ever be the same again?
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    I feel that this monologue is really good at capturing the thoughts and feelings of having just lost someone. Thanks for sharing <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,064 Wise Owl
    I'm scrolling through the boards and found another monologue you've done. and all i can say is this one is also amazing. you really do have a gift for writing :3