Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stalking and harrassment

Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
My ex keeps stalking me to point that I don't even want to go college anymore and when I walk to the place and back home after I have panic attack like hes following me.

Yesterday I was being picked up but had to walk round the corner in opposite direction as to the way I would if I walked home and he was following me until he saw me get into the car and then he ran in the opposite direction.

He hangs around at school like if im in the library he will come in see me and then pretend to be doing something. When he comes into a room that im in my anxiety sky rockets to the point that I get worked up.

I spoke to teacher who is taking in seriously now (after another issue that I cant say on here) and she gonna talk to him, shes emailing teachers to say to not let him near me and shes said I can come into college a bit later so I dont see him.

Another teacher said that if he doesn't stop now then to go to the police about it and my aunt has also said to go to the police about it and that she would fully support me.
✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    sputniksputnik Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    Hi @River , I'm so sorry that sounds very stressful and anxiety-provoking. That's really good you talked to a teacher about it and that she's taking it seriously, also glad that your aunt says she'll support you if you need to get the police involved - do you feel a bit better having had that reassurance from them both? I know it must still feel scary but I hope it's a bit easier now that they know about it :heart:
    I know you fought hard as hell

but let this sink in

you do not have to fight by yourself

~ lyrics from Willow by The Little Unsaid
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Deactivated Posts: 1,159 Wise Owl
    I guess but it doesnt help 😔
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Being stalked can be a really scary thing to experience. It's understandable that since your ex is stalking you around school, you don't feel like going in anymore. Especially if this happens when you are leaving the place too.

It's really good to know that your teachers are aware and are trying to support you in dealing with this, and more so that your aunty is also on board, should you need to go to the police.

You might want to keep a log of when and where your ex is stalking you, just to keep a tab on how often this is happening. Sometimes it might be a coincidence, but if there is a strong pattern, then you'll have more evidence against him which would need to be taken seriously. Particularly if this is ongoing, even after the teacher has spoken to him.

You might also want to avoid being by yourself or in areas that are quiet or out of the way, as this could make it easier for your ex to stalk/harass you.

It's very understandable that you feel panicky and anxious whenever he is in the same room as you. But it might help to remember that now that the teachers are aware of how his behaviour has impacted on you, then hopefully he should stop stalking you. As long as you aren't by yourself or you are near a teacher, then he shouldn't be able to talk to you or be near you, without someone else knowing,,,.which would make it more difficult for him to get away with it. Especially if he is aware that if his behaviour continues then the police could become involved. That should be a deterrent.

I can't imagine how stressful this all is for you. But as always, we are here for you <3

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.