Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hey!

Callum208Callum208 Posts: 11 Settling in
edited November 2023 in Introduce Yourself
I'm Callum and am so happy to be a part of the wonderful Mix community. I'm so glad that there are support systems like this available to everyone in this crazy world. I have personally been through so much already just as a teenager and really want to connect with others and help those that need a gentle hug (we all need it from time to time). I am kind and a great listener and have always been told that I would make a great counsellor/therapist :). I know how hard life can get, trust me, I've been there, and I really want to help others and show young people that we are not alone, and that we have each other's backs no matter what.
I enjoy dance, music, yoga, baking, being kind and helping others :) I have also been diagnosed with Autism, so know exactly what it's like to live with neurodivergence.

x

Comments

• Options
    libbystrawberrylibbystrawberry Community Champion Posts: 588 Incredible Poster
    hi callum welcome!! <3
    'told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company'
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,063 Wise Owl
    Welcome Callum - it's great to have you here. You sound like a super kind and caring person and so it'll be great to have you here on the boards more in the future.

Sending hugs
    Sinead
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    Hey @Callum208 , welcome!! I also love baking although i haven't done any in a while. Do you have a favourite thing to bake?
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Callum208! It’s so great to have you here😊 it sounds like your experiences are going to help a lot of people on The Mix - I’m really looking forward to seeing you around!
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @Callum208 welcome to the mix! I also enjoy music and baking! What kinds of music do you like listening to? Or just a variety - I'm a bit like that, my taste changes all the time! I used to like yoga too but unfortunately I can't do it any more for physical health reasons but I'm about to start 1-1 pilates with a physiotherapist!
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hiya Callum. It's nice to meet you! Welcome to the community! You said you like music, what kind?
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Katie12 wrote: »
    Hey @Callum208 , welcome!! I also love baking although i haven't done any in a while. Do you have a favourite thing to bake?

Hey! I love baking cakes in particular - mostly just cupcakes as they're so nice and simple so a great thing to bake when unmotivated , and they act as a gentle hug in these times.
  • Options
    Hi @Callum208 welcome to the mix! I also enjoy music and baking! What kinds of music do you like listening to? Or just a variety - I'm a bit like that, my taste changes all the time! I used to like yoga too but unfortunately I can't do it any more for physical health reasons but I'm about to start 1-1 pilates with a physiotherapist!

Hey! I'm literally the same to be honest, I'm always listening to a good variety! I do love classical music though, it can be very soothing and helps with motivational flow. That's sad you can't do yoga, but such a positive that you're starting 1-2-1 pilates! Hope it goes well x
  • Options
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Hiya Callum. It's nice to meet you! Welcome to the community! You said you like music, what kind?

Thanks! I love a good variety, but mostly classical with maybe a tiny bit of more party-type music if I'm in the mindset
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Callum208 wrote: »
    JJLemon18 wrote: »

Thanks! I love a good variety, but mostly classical with maybe a tiny bit of more party-type music if I'm in the mindset

That's cool. I'm not really a fan of classical music myself but I do love me some variety too.
    Looking forward to seeing you around the boards! Take care :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hiya @Callum208 welcome to the mix, hope you enjoy your time on here :)

Amy x
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
    Hello @Callum208, welcome to our community! It's great to have you!! I hope that you're well, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards! :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    Hi @Callum208 welcome to the mix!

I look forward you seeing you on the discussion boards :)
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the mix great to have u!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Welcome on board, @Callum208! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    Welcome to The Mix, Callum!

Growing up can be a challenge, but especially for autistic or neurodivergent young people. It's lovely to hear that, even though you have been through your own fair share of struggles, that you'd like to support others too.

Feel free to check out our neurodivergence forum too- https://community.themix.org.uk/categories/neurodivergence

Don't forget though- we are here for you too :)