Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Life's finally looking up for me

IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 933 Part of The Mix Family
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Finally away from school, from the patronising teachers and straight up horrific way my 'friends' would treat me, and now surrounded with classical music - my favourite thing in the world, playing at concerts, competitions and just meeting so many similar people, I love it. Honestly with the way I was treated at school no wonder I hated it, I'm just so thankful I'm out of there and now actually being treated as an equal to all the lecturers and instrumental teachers. I love it
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    @IainJammyboy That's great news, glad to hear it! I'm glad things are looking up for you, school's definitely not for everyone.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @IainJammyboy, that's great to hear that you feel that you're being treated better - it's important that we feel valued by those around us. It sounds like you're feeling positive about getting into classical music, and being able to meet lots of like-minded people who share that same interest. I'm glad to hear that you feel life is on the up for you, long may it continue! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hi @IainJammyboy I'm so glad that life is starting to look up for you especially as I know you went through so so much with friends and family life too. As @Azziman mentioned its important to have people who value and understand you, those who don't value you aren't worth keeping in the end. It also sounds like playing music has been a big bonus too as it brings you joy as well as meeting other like minded people too who are into the same things as you. I also want to send you positive vibes on here too. I'm glad things are getting better for you and I hope things keep getting better each day <3. Take care and have a great day,

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    So glad to hear that you are away from negative people and situations and are flourishing doing things you love- classical music. As the saying goes, when a flower doesn't grow, you fix the environment. Hopefully things will keep looking up for you! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,633 Legendary Poster
    Wonderful to hear this :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    emiip98emiip98 Moderator Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Amazing news @IainJammyboy great to hear that you're enjoying life, we wish you all the best :)
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    This is so lovely to hear @IainJammyboy, I'm really happy for you! Keep us updated with how everything is going :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    EmmaLou30EmmaLou30 Moderator Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
    That's brilliant @IainJammyboy ! I am so pleased that you are getting to meet people with the same interests as you and you feel valued for who you are- that's so important <3 I am glad that you feel life is finally looking up for you, long may these positive vibes continue ! :3
    Em
    Forum Moderator
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Such great news so happy for you :)
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Wishing you all the best on your journey x
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
    @IainJammyboy, I’m so happy for you after reading all this!! I hope things continue to work out for you :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    @IainJammyboy I’m glad to hear you are in a better place now, school definitely isn’t for everyone. Thank you for sharing your experience also, I think it will resonate with many people, not just struggling in a school environment. But knowing that life will eventually look up after hardships and struggling.

Best wishes 😊
  • Options
    KBee99KBee99 Posts: 62 Boards Initiate
    @IainJammyboy Brilliant news! Glad to hear you are coping well.