Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hiya

SherlockSherlock Posts: 10 Settling in
Hi Everyone,

My names Ollie and I'm 22 but I'm going by Sherlock here on The Mix Forums after my all time favourite tv show starring Benedict Cumberbatch. I just joined as a new peer supporter volunteer and I'm excited to share this space with you all! I'm a recent psychology grad and in my spare time I'm a big sports fan and movie lover.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and being part of this great community.

See you around
Sherlock ;)

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @Sherlock welcome to the mix! Psychology sounds so interesting, I'm hoping to go into second year for it at uni next year!
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    Hey @Sherlock I also love Sherlock and I am a big fan of Benedict Cumberbatch too. In fact I got and bought some artwork from a neurodiverse artist who drew Sherlock Holmes in my room and a poster. Psychology is super awesome too. Can't wait to see you on boards <3

All the best Sherlock!.

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    hi @Sherlock i have just entered the final year of my psychology degree and am also a big film lover! do you have a favourite one? I can never choose :lol:
  • Options
    genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 155 Helping Hand
    Hi @Sherlock
    Welcome to the Mix! I was a big Sherlock fan as well growing up so I definitely agree that it's a great name -- I'm also a recent psychology grad, I feel like it's a very common major amongst people here at the Mix. I hope you'll enjoy your time here :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hiya. Its nice to meet you! Looking forward to seeing you around :)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Sherlock, welcome to The Mix! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SherlockSherlock Posts: 10 Settling in
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

@lunarcat522 that's great! I learnt so much during my studies, highly recommended if you have interest in any form of psychology, so much was covered!

@Amy22 wow thats sounds amazing, I tend to not rewatch many series but sherlock is one Ive gone through so many times. Its draws me in instantly

@Katie12 Ooooooo...... so many to chose from. My typical answer isn't a very child friendly one (Deadpool) but Aladdin has always been a all time favourite of mine.

@genderless_fungi Seems like I'm in the right place then ;), great minds think alike of course
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    @Sherlock Aw yes it is such a good show I should already start re-watching it. I got the box which goes up to series 3 but I can only watch series 4 on my family shared Iplayer account so maybe I might get back into it maybe
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @Sherlock Welcome to the community!
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    @Sherlock ooo yeah they are good films! do you prefer the original or the live action version of Aladdin?
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    Welcome to The Mix, Sherlock ;) Love your choice of username and picture- Benedict Cumberbatch is an awesome actor and really does Sherlock justice! Love that you are also a recent psychology grad too :)
  • Options
    LydsRose9LydsRose9 Posts: 106 The Mix Convert
    Welcome @Sherlock! It’s great to have you here - and what a great username! Sherlock is one of my all time favourite shows :3 I look forward to seeing you around!
    Keep fighting the good fight!
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Welcome to the mix