Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you get creative inspiration from summer?

AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
edited September 2023 in Creative Corner
Hey all!

Have seen that people have been busy this summer creating all sorts on here! Which brought the question - are there things about summer that give you creative inspiration? Or, more generally, what do you find inspires you to be creative, and to come up with your best creative sparks?

Let us know down below! :)
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    What inspires me to be creative? Imma be completely honest here. Depression.
    But seriously, I have been doing a little creative writing lately but I don't think its anything to do with summer. My main source of inspiration has actually been this community and all the things everyone has shared. Oh and maybe a little bit of music too, just a little.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,023 Community Veteran
    I think for me Summer can inspire me as I do love nature and all things summer related (as a gemini i think this is why I resonate more with the summer months apart from the hot weather). I think my answer would be similar to @JJLemon18 's as I get most of my inspiration from other people and their stories. This community also inspires to be the better person I aim to be each day alongside giving me my creative fuel as well eventhough I struggle to get motivated sometimes as it can be hard especially as I identify as a creative person. Sometimes just coming on here and seeing all of you all makes me feel confidence in all the things I do the most. <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Creativity often thrives when inspired by different experiences, settings, and emotions. While summer can indeed be a great source of inspiration for many, creative sparks can come from various sources. For me it's traveling to different places.
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    These are really cool responses, I love hearing all your thoughts!

@JJLemon18, that's really interesting. Our emotions can definitely be a source of inspiration, and it's quite a personal source to draw from too. It's awesome that you find inspiration from the community here, what do you think it is about The Mix community that helps with that? And of course, music is a great source! What kinds of music/artists help you get in the mood to create? Have seen you already creating some cool stuff on the boards :)

@Amy22 that's awesome! Nature is a beautiful source of creativity :) I'm really glad that being here part of the community helps you to feel creative and live up the creative person that you are! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

@Terry8936 travel is a great choice, so many places to explore, things to see and people to meet! What kind of places do you like to travel to, that spark that creativity? Do you have a particular place in mind that you love to visit?
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Azziman wrote: »
    @JJLemon18, that's really interesting. Our emotions can definitely be a source of inspiration, and it's quite a personal source to draw from too. It's awesome that you find inspiration from the community here, what do you think it is about The Mix community that helps with that? And of course, music is a great source! What kinds of music/artists help you get in the mood to create? Have seen you already creating some cool stuff on the boards :)
    Hiya, I'm sorry for taking so long to respond to this. Well I'm mostly inspired by other people's poems and creative stuff they post here, and how personal they often are to them. I learnt that what I write shouldnt be professional or follow any 'standards', it can be whatever I choose it to be. No matter how long or short, how in-depth or simple. And it doesn't have to have any specific meaning either, cause its meaningful to me, and that's what matters the most.
    The music that gets me the most creative? That's a hard question. I'd say any music that I like, especially one with some meaningful lyrics. To me, certain songs just feel like a poem with a soundtrack. If the music is good then the lyrics will sink deeper and I'll feel them more. Idk how to explain it.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    That's okay @JJLemon18, I appreciate that you took the time to come back to this and reply! That makes sense, the nature of the community here can definitely lead to more personal content, and that's often what can create some of the deepest meaning creations! You're definitely right - thinking beyond structure and standards can broaden our creative horizons, so that we can shape our creations to suit how we want them to be :) I get what you mean on the music - sometimes, a song just hits home and it resonates. There's probably some science to it (and I imagine some researchers are trying to figure this very phenomenon out!), but just feeling it can inspire something in us :)
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    Anything. Honestly anything.

Sayonara Wild Hearts, BTS, BLACKPINK, Cult of the Lamb, Go Jetters, the list goes on~
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3