Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dreaming

2»

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    @sputnik Hello again, sorry for taking so long. I absolutely get what you mean. I feel the same. I may have explained it wrong. What I tried to say is that with stuff like movies, videogames and even dreams, you can always tell yourself "it's just a movie" or "it's just a dream" etc. You can reason your emotions in a way, if that makes sense. Which is why I think I struggle so much feeling emotions with irl stuff, cause I know it's something important, something that matters, something real. And so what my brain has done is tried to dissociate me from all these emotions. And thats why I sometimes feel that dreams feel more real than real life, cause my brain let's me feel those emotions cause its 'just a dream'. If that makes any sense?

Your angry dreams sound fascinating, would you say you are an angry person irl or just in those dreams? Like the dreams let you shout and process this anger that you wouldn't otherwise be able to irl.
    sputnik wrote: »
    Ohh don't worry I have the exact same fear, always worried about getting the balance right. I don't think you're talking about yourself too much at all, and anyway it's your thread and your experiences so go for it! :D That's what we're on this forum for anyway innit.
    You don't think I'm talking too much about myself? Its funny cause I absolutely don't mind if people talk about themselves a lot. Often we tend to criticise ourselves the most and I'm unsure how to change this.
    And yea it is 'my' thread but I kinda do this everywhere so it doesnt matter haha.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    sputniksputnik Posts: 82 Budding Regular
    Hey @JJLemon18 , yep that makes sense! I understand. Have you ever played The Sims? I often feel kinda like I'm a Sim, staring at the 'option menu' of actions and trying to decide what to do, and even what to feel, like I can switch feelings on and off (of course I can't really, but it's more like 'what emotion is appropriate to display to others at this moment?') and the menu is just FULL of different options and none of them feel intuitive, it's like I have to really consciously pick and choose what to do, react etc. It feels robotic and staged, I hate it :disappointed: and I feel like there's no real feelings in me at all. And then when I DO feel, it's really intense and I don't know how to express it or what to do with it.
    Your angry dreams sound fascinating, would you say you are an angry person irl or just in those dreams? Like the dreams let you shout and process this anger that you wouldn't otherwise be able to irl.

Oh I so wish I could be as angry in real life as I could in dreams! Just now and then. I'm only ever passive-aggressive in real life, very rarely properly angry (I'm more likely to just cry). I feel sort of eternally angry underneath everything else, like I was born angry, but I feel ashamed to express it.

I wouldn't worry about talking 'too much' about yourself, you're offering a lot of solidarity to others and sharing insights etc through it as well as helping yourself process stuff - plus it's brave to share it with other people and it's what everyone here is here to do :)
    I know you fought hard as hell

but let this sink in

you do not have to fight by yourself

~ lyrics from Willow by The Little Unsaid
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    @sputnik I have played sims when I was so little that I can barely even remember lol. I know EXACTLY what you mean! Every choice you make, every emotion you show, its like it has to be consciously chosen by you. And still every choice just feels wrong. I always thought of myself as a robot, I can only think of one thing at a time, and I would often glitch and make stupid decisions haha. Talking with me is like talking with an AI, where 90% of my responses are "I don't know". Basically I don't seem like a natural human being at all.
    Honestly, I don't think I'd be able to explain it better than you did, you explained it perfectly. And here I though there's no way another person exists who's just like me :lol:
    Oh I so wish I could be as angry in real life as I could in dreams! Just now and then. I'm only ever passive-aggressive in real life, very rarely properly angry (I'm more likely to just cry). I feel sort of eternally angry underneath everything else, like I was born angry, but I feel ashamed to express it.
    I understand. I think I'm the same with sadness, but I'm not sure. Like I'm constantly sad inside but I never show it. I'm very easy to make cry tho, but I always find some way to avoid it or cope with it, I can never just let the tears go. Which made that dream of mine so weird to me, cause it made me cry before I even woke up, so I had no reflexes to hold the tears, then once I woke up it still took me a while to control myself.
    I wouldn't worry about talking 'too much' about yourself, you're offering a lot of solidarity to others and sharing insights etc through it as well as helping yourself process stuff - plus it's brave to share it with other people and it's what everyone here is here to do :)
    I mean, sure. But I feel like I'm just going around telling everyone "me too" all the time lol. I rarely have any advice I could give beside that.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    @JJLemon18 I love it~! :heart:
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3